Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Who's "we"? Lol I guess someone has a chip on their shoulder. Good talk.
We is me and the other technicians at the Jeep dealer where I currently work. And I don't have a chip on my shoulder, Im just confused about why you would post something that everyone knows is obviously false information , and then when I corrected you, you doubled down on the false information claiming you were a service advisor for FCA at one time.

And Im not trying to be an ass, but what you posted about the dealer having to pay for parts and labor themselves ,on a vehicle thats under warranty is one of the dumbest things that I've read on the internet, and that's saying something.

Registered
We is me and the other technicians at the Jeep dealer where I currently work. And I don't have a chip on my shoulder, Im just confused about why you would post something that everyone knows is obviously false information , and then when I corrected you, you doubled down on the false information claiming you were a service advisor for FCA at one time.

And Im not trying to be as ass, but what you posted about the dealer having to pay for parts and labor themselves ,on a vehicle thats under warranty is one of the dumbest things that I've read on the internet, and that's saying something.
Dude...that was as of years ago. Maybe they don't do things that way anymore. Idk for sure. But look somewhere else for a pissing contest. You say you're a tech...congratulations, I'm sure you're not but it's whatever. "Everyone knows is false" are you kidding me? Lmao. How would you possibly know what's in other peoples heads? Are you a mind reader too? I've must've missed that class in tech school. Thanks for clarifying. 馃ぃ

Registered
2014 Limited
Can鈥檛 we all just get along, Lol. I would think the Dealer would be hard pressed to replace an entire engine in today鈥檚 market. 2 years ago, good chance of it depending upon upon his dealership rating, the higher the rating they pull a higher level of response from the manufacturer.

5 star dealerships have/had the ability to write off the entire engine as faulty. With all the shortages and bullshit going on today it鈥檚 going to be just the repairs.

I would try to force a complete top end rebuild in the least and have the warranty amended to show the repair on the power train.

The first thing I would do is have the Idiot Lot Lizard that told you all V6鈥檚 tick like that removed from his position because he obviously knows nothing and tried to pass it off along to you. I would either go to the Service Mgr. or the Owner and voice your displeasure with his response. Not to mention the inconvenience of putting you out your car for several days and the money spent on the purchase.

I don鈥檛 know how much knowledge/experience other member鈥檚 have when answering question鈥檚 about vehicle maintenance, etc.......but the majority of us know what we鈥檙e talking about and are here to help. I鈥檝e been tried and tested and know just enough to get us all trouble. Mac

Registered
Can鈥檛 we all just get along, Lol. I would think the Dealer would be hard pressed to replace an entire engine in today鈥檚 market. 2 years ago, good chance of it depending upon upon his dealership rating, the higher the rating they pull a higher level of response from the manufacturer.

5 star dealerships have/had the ability to write off the entire engine as faulty. With all the shortages and bullshit going on today it鈥檚 going to be just the repairs.

I would try to force a complete top end rebuild in the least and have the warranty amended to show the repair on the power train.

The first thing I would do is have the Idiot Lot Lizard that told you all V6鈥檚 tick like that removed from his position because he obviously knows nothing and tried to pass it off along to you. I would either go to the Service Mgr. or the Owner and voice your displeasure with his response. Not to mention the inconvenience of putting you out your car for several days and the money spent on the purchase.

I don鈥檛 know how much knowledge/experience other member鈥檚 have when answering question鈥檚 about vehicle maintenance, etc.......but the majority of us know what we鈥檙e talking about and are here to help. I鈥檝e been tried and tested and know just enough to get us all trouble. Mac
Well said, and you do make a good point...things are definitely different nowadays compared to a few years ago.
So about that V6 tickle...馃榿

Registered
Dude...that was as of years ago. Maybe they don't do things that way anymore. Idk for sure. But look somewhere else for a pissing contest. You say you're a tech...congratulations, I'm sure you're not but it's whatever. "Everyone knows is false" are you kidding me? Lmao. How would you possibly know what's in other peoples heads? Are you a mind reader too? I've must've missed that class in tech school. Thanks for clarifying. 馃ぃ
Not a pissing contest, you posted bad information which I corrected , you then got upset and said you used to be a service advisor so you knew how it worked. you obviously don't.

And whether or not you believe Im an FCA tech is irrelevant to me, but if you ever want to exchange SID #s just let me know, you do remember yours don't you?

your showing your age...:)

The 5 STAR designation was dropped about 10 years ago and different internal designations are now used..Premium is the highest... base is the lowest.
From a consumer standpoint, it looks the same but the minimum standards are higher for the dealerships

Premium dealers do not need pre approval for most repairs, but they are not exempt from chargebacks.
Its been this way for several years now, but they really started cracking down in the last 18 months

anyway,you are correct about parts availability, complete engines are about 2 months out( sometimes more) ...we waited 12 weeks for the last one but that was an anomaly.... heads, cams and associated parts are in stock at most dealers and PDC's.

sadly, these guys never leave the industry, its the good ones who are fleeing in rapid numbers

You know more than at least one other person in this thread,

Personally I've been working on FCA products for ~30 years and sometimes make mistakes or give bad info ..I will however admit it when it happens.

Registered
........Personally I've been working on FCA products for ~30 years and sometimes make mistakes or give bad info ..I will however admit it when it happens......
Amen^
There's not one 100% perfect human being breathing on this planet.
We all make mistakes, i've made some here.
I think the real test of a person's integrity is admitting their mistakes and if necessary offer humble apologies where needed.

Registered
Not a pissing contest, you posted bad information which I corrected , you then got upset and said you used to be a service advisor so you knew how it worked. you obviously don't.

And whether or not you believe Im an FCA tech is irrelevant to me, but if you ever want to exchange SID #s just let me know, you do remember yours don't you?

your showing your age...:)

The 5 STAR designation was dropped about 10 years ago and different internal designations are now used..Premium is the highest... base is the lowest.
From a consumer standpoint, it looks the same but the minimum standards are higher for the dealerships

Premium dealers do not need pre approval for most repairs, but they are not exempt from chargebacks.
Its been this way for several years now, but they really started cracking down in the last 18 months

anyway,you are correct about parts availability, complete engines are about 2 months out( sometimes more) ...we waited 12 weeks for the last one but that was an anomaly.... heads, cams and associated parts are in stock at most dealers and PDC's.

sadly, these guys never leave the industry, its the good ones who are fleeing in rapid numbers

You know more than at least one other person in this thread,

Personally I've been working on FCA products for ~30 years and sometimes make mistakes or give bad info ..I will however admit it when it happens.
"Obviously"? You wrote this message at 3am? Couldn't sleep because of this? Dude get a life. I did not post incorrect info. And service advisors don't have SID numbers 馃ぃ. You're clearly continuing to try and make this a pissing contest. Just stop.

Registered
"Obviously"? You wrote this message at 3am? Couldn't sleep because of this? Dude get a life.
it was 7 AM my time, I was sound asleep at 3AM .

I did not post incorrect info.
you posted that dealers have to pay for repairs unless they put in a complete engine...how is that not incorrect information?

here is it in case you forgot what you said...

Actually yes it is...a new engine is covered under FCA/Mopar warranty. Replacement parts the dealer has to pay for and pay for the labor themselves. With a new engine they get it in for free, send the faulty one back and get what's called a "credit" for the labor hours on the install of the new engine. I was a service advisor for Chysler a few years ago...I hated it.

And service advisors don't have SID numbers
Wrong again...you cannot access dealer connect without an SID...therefore you cannot do a service advisors job properly without an SID.
It's been this way for as long as I can remember

what dealer did you work for? and when?

Registered
it was 7 AM my time, I was sound asleep at 3AM .

you posted that dealers have to pay for repairs unless they put in a complete engine...how is that not incorrect information?

here is it in case you forgot what you said...

Wrong again...you cannot access dealer connect without an SID...therefore you cannot do a service advisors job properly without an SID.
It's been this way for as long as I can remember

what dealer did you work for? and when?
Kingman Arizona. And it's called a AID, not SID. SID is used by techs. Now please stop. You constantly arguing with me is not getting you any respect points from anyone. You remind me of my 11 year old son who thinks only he is right about everything. Enough. I will not read any more rediculous replies by you. We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that. Thanks.

Registered
Kingman Arizona. And it's called a AID, not SID. SID is used by techs. Now please stop. You constantly arguing with me is not getting you any respect points from anyone. You remind me of my 11 year old son who thinks only he is right about everything. Enough. I will not read any more rediculous replies by you. We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that. Thanks.
Its an SID .
Please contact your Dealership Administrator, Corporate Administrator, Fleet Service Representative, NSC or Regional Office for SID and/or Password assistance.
And Im not arguing with you,but if you treat your 11 year old this way ,I can see why he won't give up.
you have an inability to admit you were wrong... thats on you, not me .

you posted bad info then tried to discredit me when I corrected you. I have news for you, you won't do it. Im exactly who I said I am.

Registered
2014 Limited
Surrounded by all these techs, I might better start being a little more cautious in my wild ass guess鈥檚 in answering member鈥檚 question鈥檚. I know nothing, no qualification, no schooling, no degrees, no certificates, no awards, nothing, just kinda take a wild stab at shit every once and awhile. Mac馃お

Registered
Surrounded by all these techs, I might better start being a little more cautious in my wild ass guess鈥檚 in answering member鈥檚 question鈥檚. I know nothing, no qualification, no schooling, no degrees, no certificates, no awards, nothing, just kinda take a wild stab at shit every once and awhile. Mac馃お
I bought a 2016 HA diesel a few weeks back and came here looking for a bit of info. I've had a few different Jeeps and also own a 2016 75th but I've not owned a diesel jeep before... and that's why I joined. We dont see many 3.0s at the dealership, so even though I do all the diesel work, I dont get a lot of exposure to them.

My experience with these types of forums is that the members often times know more about the little idiosyncrasies of the vehicles than the techs do. Enthusiasts are the folks who join these forums, and that's where some of the best information can be had,

As with everything else in life, training is important, but there is no substitute for experience and exposure. . so someone who drives one everyday and possibly tinkers with it on weekends is likely to know a thing or 2.

in any event, I can see that there are many knowledgeable people here, and I suspect you are one of them

Registered
Naah keep taking stabs at it MacDaddy.
This is not Twitter or FaceBook where some selective comments can't be heard.

Registered
2014 Limited
I was given two things in life, Wit and Sarcasm and if I ever get to the point where I can鈥檛 dazzle 鈥榚m with my brilliance, I鈥檒l baffle 鈥榚m with my bullshit. Besides I鈥檝e done and do a whole lot more than 鈥渢inker鈥 with them.

My training wasn鈥檛 in a classroom it was in My Grandfathers garage 50 years ago, in my best friend鈥檚 shop until 3am just to get that 427 Impala tuned just right, in too many driveways bent over the hood, replacing a 351 Cleveland in a 69 Fastback with a 429 Boss, crawling on the pavement swapping the trans and clutch from a 70 442, smashing knuckle鈥檚, scrapping finger鈥檚 and cursing as sweat ran down your back in the heat and the snot ran down your nose in the Winter, just as have most of the most knowledgeable member鈥檚.

I know that everyone that offer鈥檚 an answer is looking to help and I don鈥檛 take flare ups, or attitudes in any other way than what the are, points in a conversation, nothing more. I will continue to stab, slash and and make a general mess of thing鈥檚 to keep thing鈥檚 going in straight line.
Mac馃槈

Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
I know that everyone that offer鈥檚 an answer is looking to help and I don鈥檛 take flare ups, or attitudes in any other way than what the are, points in a conversation, nothing more. I will continue to stab, slash and and make a general mess of thing鈥檚 to keep thing鈥檚 going in straight line.
Mac馃槈
Good advice for living life in general.

Registered
just a comment on engine replacement.
Ten years ago I worked at a Jaguar dealership where a experienced mechanic did an oil change, but didn鈥檛 replace the oil. The dealership replaced the engine for free to the customer. The mechanic was asked to pay for the engine replacement or鈥.. The mechanic later opened his owned independent service garage.

Registered
2014 Limited
Ten years ago I worked at a Jaguar dealership where a experienced mechanic did an oil change, but didn鈥檛 replace the oil. The dealership replaced the engine for free to the customer. The mechanic was asked to pay for the engine replacement or鈥.. The mechanic later opened his owned independent service garage.
And I鈥檓 sure he didn鈥檛 last very long at his endeavor and went on to become a Used car Salesman馃槅 Mac

Registered
I could see it happening. On that subject...it is usually almost twice as many labor hours to rebuild an engine compared to replacing one....especially modern engines.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts