Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Limited
686 Posts
I’ve been waiting on my Daughter to return out 14 Limited for over a month now, they purchased a 2012 Grand caravan, against my imploring them not too, and they had to have the engine replaced under an aftermarket warranty.
The shop is right around the corner from me so I’ve been down there on the “sly” and watching these clowns work is like the Keystone Cops, and then it’s like Spanky’s Gang when trying to get an answer.
New engine’s are far more easier to replace than rebuilding the old one, but then someone has to worry about the PCM, TPIM, IACM, CPS and everything else they can’t figure out. it’s killing me not to get involved but I want my damn Jeep back, I was in the middle of modding my 4Runner and had to stop, Mac

·
Registered
480 Posts
I’ve been waiting on my Daughter to return out 14 Limited for over a month now, they purchased a 2012 Grand caravan, against my imploring them not too, and they had to have the engine replaced under an aftermarket warranty.
The shop is right around the corner from me so I’ve been down there on the “sly” and watching these clowns work is like the Keystone Cops, and then it’s like Spanky’s Gang when trying to get an answer.
New engine’s are far more easier to replace than rebuilding the old one, but then someone has to worry about the PCM, TPIM, IACM, CPS and everything else they can’t figure out. it’s killing me not to get involved but I want my damn Jeep back, I was in the middle of modding my 4Runner and had to stop, Mac
That's true...reprogramming most of those modules requires being done at a dealership unfortunately. Some of the dealers will even try to charge extra for that too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
***update 650 miles after cam, lifters and rocker arms were done… Engine overheated severely and puked all it’s coolant out on turnpike. 100miles from home and waiting for dealership to look at it next week….fca really knows customer service. Thing doesn’t even have 7,000 miles.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts