Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: 3 NEW engines for the 2020 WL Grand Cherokee

Interesting that the 6.4 will go bye bye and the supercharged 6.2 will be the lone big dog. Guess they figure go big or go home.

·
Registered
507 Posts

New euro co2 regulations doesn't necessarily mean the new Hemi engines will have more hp. The new HEMI displacement sizes still remains to be seen??? Could be the same displacement size, just a hemi smog friendly update.

·
Registered
cattle
252 Posts

Good lord, how old is the hemi now? Hasn't it been out since the early 2000s?

What's a GME turbo? They will actually have a turbo 6 and it won't replace the non-SRT hemi?
no, the 1950's.

:lol:

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Still details coming in but no mention from my source of a diesel. But there are other sources like allpar saying there will be a new diesel

·
Registered
593 Posts

Any mention if the HEMI replacement will even be an 8 cylinder? It is possible to have a V6 with HEMI style heads....... just saying....

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Any mention if the HEMI replacement will even be an 8 cylinder? It is possible to have a V6 with HEMI style heads....... just saying....
No sir...it will be a modern v8 Beni to probably replace the 5.7 and 6.4

Reactions: hound

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Trackhawk
189 Posts

No sir...it will be a modern v8 Beni to probably replace the 5.7 and 6.4
Is it just ONE engine replacing both the 5.7L and 6.4L? Those two motors serve very different customers.

I'm assuming if it is taking the torch from the 6.4L, it will probably have to push at least 500+hp... but then, does that mean "Limited/Overland/Summit" will come with a 500+hp engine option?

Or, will it be a lower hp option, leaving the Trackhawk as the exclusive performance model? :confused:

Reactions: jgc4ever

·
Registered
280 Posts

any rumors on cu.in. of the I6?
that could be a real go to engine... look what Ford has done with the 3.7 twin turbo V6... (375hp/470tq, and that tq hits low and stays put) give me a 3.5-4.0L TT I6 and I'm not sure I'd look too hard at the n/a hemi V8.

Reactions: scostuart

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Not sure of cubic inches...but hp will be similar to the current 5.7 hemi. Not hearing much about the 2.0 hurricane in the WL...but hearing of the inline 6 gme turbo and new hemi along with the 3.6 pentastar.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
3 NEW engines for the 2020 WL Grand Cherokee

So they redesigned the Pentastar for 2017 and left the Hemi out to rot forever but now they're updating it finally for 2021 and dumping the Pentastar?? None of that makes sense. The Hemi needed an update like yesterday.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

No sir...the pentastar has about 7 more years in it

Reactions: jaybo41

·
Registered
2014 JGC Eco-Diesel
10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram 2500 CC/LB
85 Posts

I like the engine in my JGC the 3.4L V-6 but I wish they would have had the inline 6 of old as an option. I have a friend that inherited his mothers 1970 Plymouth Valiant and it has a slant 6 motor in it, and it just seems to run and run. I worked with him and he drives it to work every day. The last time I talked to him he was still driving it.

·
Registered
2011 GC Overland
3,729 Posts

I like the engine in my JGC the 3.4L V-6 but I wish they would have had the inline 6 of old as an option. I have a friend that inherited his mothers 1970 Plymouth Valiant and it has a slant 6 motor in it, and it just seems to run and run. I worked with him and he drives it to work every day. The last time I talked to him he was still driving it.
You got that right. The Leaning Tower of Power was one of the best engines of all time.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts

You got that right. The Leaning Tower of Power was one of the best engines of all time.
Buddy of mine had an old 68 Satellite with the Hillside Hemi. LOL... he used to beat the shit out of that car and that engine held up to every form of abuse imaginable.

·
Super Moderator
9,288 Posts

I have a friend that inherited his mothers 1970 Plymouth Valiant and it has a slant 6 motor in it, and it just seems to run and run.
My first vehicle was a '69 Dodge Dart with that slant six...ran very well. Oh, the memories... :D

·
Registered
2016 WD RT
116 Posts

Quiet in this section.....ANY NEW NEWSSSSS??!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts

My first vehicle was a '69 Dodge Dart with that slant six...ran very well. Oh, the memories... :D
My first vehicle was a '64 Valiant with a 170CI slant six (and air conditioning!) .. put about 60k miles on that dude in a year and a half, going nowhere. Ah, to be in high school again..

WL Engines? I got nuthin :)

·
Registered
2012 GCO
1,388 Posts

Interesting developments. I never thought an inline 6 would be in the future. That creates all sorts of fore-aft weight distribution issues, unless you bury the back half into the dash like BMW does.

As for the V8, I'd like to see it go 4 valve, DOHC like the current Pentastar. That seems to me the only way to keep efficiency up and emissions low. If they really want to improve it, they need to go with a flat plane crankshaft.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts