Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
14 WK2
9,170 Posts
Re: 3 NEW engines for the 2020 WL Grand Cherokee

Interesting developments. I never thought an inline 6 would be in the future. That creates all sorts of fore-aft weight distribution issues, unless you bury the back half into the dash like BMW does.

As for the V8, I'd like to see it go 4 valve, DOHC like the current Pentastar. That seems to me the only way to keep efficiency up and emissions low. If they really want to improve it, they need to go with a flat plane crankshaft.
Only thing with a flat plane crank v8 is the lack of low end grunt. I don't see a flat plane design in such a heavy vehicle

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Only thing with a flat plane crank v8 is the lack of low end grunt. I don't see a flat plane design in such a heavy vehicle
Don't know how true this is...but the 2.0l hurricane turbo inn the upcoming JL wrangler is 368 hp.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
3 NEW engines for the 2020 WL Grand Cherokee

Don't think this is possible ... 268 hp maybe, 368 hp ... ? Will believe when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
547 Posts

Don't think this is possible ... 268 hp maybe, 368 hp ... ? Will believe when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
The turbo 2.3 Liter inline 4 in my Focus RS is 350 HP/350 TQ, stock....with a bit of tuning guys are getting even more......I don't think 368 HP is that far out of realm of possibility if the motor is built for the boost needed in a 2.0 liter

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

The turbo 2.3 Liter inline 4 in my Focus RS is 350 HP/350 TQ, stock....with a bit of tuning guys are getting even more......I don't think 368 HP is that far out of realm of possibility if the motor is built for the boost needed in a 2.0 liter
I'm doubting the hp rating as I just realized the tranny is the 850....the 368hp is too close to the rated hp/tq

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Gme v6 tt

Gme v6 tt ho

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,500 Posts

you blown a headgasket yet in the RS.

Seen alot of them blowing head gaskets stock.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
547 Posts

you blown a headgasket yet in the RS.

Seen alot of them blowing head gaskets stock.

Almost 10k miles no problems, Love it....Mine is a 2017 though, heard most of the issues were with early to mid 2016 model builds.....rumor is the head gaskets were mixed up with some Mustang EcoBoost head gaskets which are different....but look similar....

·
Registered
26 Posts

Develop a hemi head for the old 4.0 liter I6 and be done with it. Bulletproof design in the bottom end and get your MPG/HP with a new head and FI technology.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
547 Posts

Develop a hemi head for the old 4.0 liter I6 and be done with it. Bulletproof design in the bottom end and get your MPG/HP with a new head and FI technology.
Big issue with the old straight 6 is the length, have to make the nose of the vehicle really long to pass the newest frontal crash tests......:mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts

Big issue with the old straight 6 is the length, have to make the nose of the vehicle really long to pass the newest frontal crash tests......:mad:
I don't think a new I6 can be much shorter than the 4.0. Six slugs in a row is gonna be long no matter what.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
547 Posts

I don't think a new I6 can be much shorter than the 4.0. Six slugs in a row is gonna be long no matter what.
Thats why I6s arent that common anymore...:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any more word on the GME-T6 (Tornado)? Is there a projected release date...is it even still on its way?

Reactions: TSCSU

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

Thats why I6s arent that common anymore...:(
Um, not the case, as Benz, Toyota and BMW have I 6's in their newest offerings, not v6. These motors are way smoother than a v6, and pentastar is unrefineded in comparison.. The smoothest v6 I have driven is my 89 SHO with Yamaha 3.0.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts