Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

4.0l owners....lets talk power and performance

10K views 68 replies 14 participants last post by  Dylans3960ccs 
#1 ·
I love the I6 especially the torque ,you will be amazed at how much power you can get out of them it might not be a 5.7 hemi but it will move! post all your 4.0l mods and beats.........

#2 ·
my 4.0l wrangler was the fastest in town, even with 35x14.50 tires.

i had CAI, PAce setter header, exhaust with not cats. Venom 400 chip (beast of a chip) and 4.56 gears in my axles. the 5spd helped alot to. but like i said i was fast in it. i could even out run alot of ricers i knew.

#3 ·
fine ill star on my own thread.....future mods include nitrous of course, and to be completely honest im leaning heavily twd an engine swap for a rebuilt 5.9 and tranny until then the only thing left is nitrous the cheap alt or the 4.6l stroker kit still havent decided yet i have good deals on both!

#18 ·
Why a 5.9? The 5.2 and 5.9 engines are not exactly the most reliable on the road and as compared to the 4.7 and the 5.7 they not that powerful/full of torque to start off with.

IMHO stroke the I6, or do a 4.7 swap. There is a reason the 5.2 and 5.9 were replaced.

#4 ·
am i the only 4.0l owner to beat a mustang gt? i doubt it but ya never know....however thats not my best beat...any takers?

#5 ·
i have a 4.0 in my XJ. I am the original owner. I can agree on the torque and the actual power of that little beast.
My only mods are a K&N FIPK, Borla CatBack and FirePower Ignition. That little thing pulls all day long. Out here we have 70 and 75 speed limits, that means cruising 80 no problem. That little 4.0 can do 80 all day long and can do more if needed for spurts to pass someone.

if you want to engage me further inthis thread you got to change your text to something readable, please!

#7 ·
hey paul you know i got the hook up tell me the brand ill get it cheap and put it on

#9 ·
too easy ramone however if ur gonna spend ur money on a exhaust u might as well get the best for ur engine with my discount they are not far apart as far as price goes.......

#11 ·
why the f*ck u so hostile? Im just tryin to help my friends out and i get this? Its ok.......

#15 ·
I'm gonna go all out when I get some money and how much is the 4.6 Oh and the only time I've passed people is when I go to tennessee to see my cousin and I pass people on two lane roads going 60 to 80ish and thats with loads of cargo including by brother that makes any car without a half good suspension sag, mother and I.

#16 ·
00wj.....first of all a throttle body spacer is junk unless u have a bored throttle body and have the spacer bored also ,all a throttle body spacer wil do is whistle on a stock throttle body, now with the thermastat.....not bad , a stroker kit will cost between $1400-1800 bucks i with my father in law owning his own shop i can get it for a grand flat out!! i would say the headers and bigger throttle body to answer ur question

#17 ·
might sound funny but im considering while i have time.. of outting some dumps maybe an electric exhaust cutoff i ran my jeep open headers for a couple day sand i love the sound and besides for a couple etra ponies its worth waking up ur neighbors lol

#19 ·
good point, duly noted however i guess i wanted the my engine is bigger than urs thing goin....however my inline as of now is stronger than the 4.7 so i might as well just stroke it and later toss in a supercharger........

#22 ·
BUDAKANE - with the spacer i notice better mpg and a better throttle responce... I wanted to get the throttle body but i didnt get as much money as i thought i would so i didnt get it... and as for the stroker i would do it next summer if i could get it at your price... i'll be getting the trottle body next...

#25 ·
00WJ do you have paypal? i do if u ever need anything i get everything 35% off on parts wholesale so hit me up i can even install if ur close enuff!! no charge!! and put on bigger headers bigger throttle body and an exhaust u will be on ur way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.