Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

4th A/C Condenser Replacement

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to all.

Well, the condenser on our beloved Grand Cherokee that we have had since new has failed again and will need replacing. This will be the FOURTH one.

The first two replacements were OEM units. As they failed, I had an aftermarket condenser installed last time that has lasted about 18 months and is now leaking.

So has any long term Grand Cherokee owners somehow come up with a fix or can suggest a make of condenser that won't fail?

It's becoming an expensive hobby.

#4 ·
Seems amazing that various aftermarket brands are failing too, not just the OEM's. Are all brands actually all made in the same Chinese factory? I had the condenser on my MY12 fail at about 80k but it was replaced under warranty. Current MY15 has been OK so far....

#5 ·
Yeah, I think it is probably a poor design and the aftermarket ones just copy the OEM..... They have all leaked in the same place, bottom passenger side adjacent to the pipe entry.

I asked for the last leaking one back, so I could have a closer look. It appears not to be the pipe connection that is leaking, but rather where the core joins the vertical header pipe that is opposite the hose connection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.