Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to make my 2018 High Altitude 5.7 crank a little before letting it start? Sometimes it sits for a few days and I'd like to get some oil pressure going before it fires up. I thought that I read somewhere if you hold the accelerator all the way down, while you push on the brake and push the button it will just crank. .......I just tried that and that works apparently with no ill effects. If anyone has reason to believe that doing that will cause any kind of problem,please let me know.
I just did a little more experimenting and it seems like the engine will just crank while the accelerator is depressed and once you let it up the engine starts. That would work for me in cases where the Jeep sat for more than a few days. Any input is welcome
Thanks

Save Share
Reply Quote

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up: Asked a tech today at the dealer that services the vehicle. The manual in the starting instructions gives the option of flooring the accelerator while stepping on the brake in case the engine is flooded. Flooring the accelerator shuts down the Fuel injectors and lets the engine just crank for ten seconds,or when you release the go pedal, to dry out Not something I would do on a regular basis,but if the car hasn't been started for 4 or 5 days it might be helpful to get oil pressure going and won't do any harm

Save Share

Reply Quote

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
That procedure was brought up in another thread a while ago...might do a search here.
I tried it with my WK2 V6 and it works somewhat but in the few times i tried it it was unpredictable a couple times.
Maybe i did something wrong when it didn't work as predicted but i gave up on it and settled for the 1 second clacking when starting the cold engine first start of the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts