Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here looking for some info. I have 2007 Charger R/T Daytona recently in an accident and will be totaled. I need to know what I need off of this car before I send it to the junk yard to be able to put the 5.7 hemi in the Grand Cherokee. Do I need the wire harness, computer etc. And since it's a 4x4 will this hemi drop in and bolt up to the transmission/transfer case? I just need to know what I need off this car before it goes to the junk yard. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

· Premium Member
SRT8
3,075 Posts
Imho, Pull the motor if you want But this is not a Bolt on plug n play. Imho Pull motor trans sell it separately. Does your 2011 Currently have a V6? If so Sell it buy a Hemi WK2.

· Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
855 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.

There are a few items needed to make this work.
At a minimum, you are going to want the PCM, and engine wire harness.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your response!! Is there anything else that you can think of ? With the Grand Cherokee being 4x4 will the hemi bolt up to what is in there or should I use the transmission from the charger. Would like to keep it 4x4.

· Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
855 Posts
The Chargers 5.7 Hemi should bolt up to the GC transmission AS LONG as you are replacing a V8 Hemi.

The Charger transmission will not bolt up to the GC's transfer case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.