Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what the manufactures warranty is on the 5.7L Hemi in the Grand Cherokee? I have a 2020 Trailhawk with 14K on the clock and very high iron & copper report with oil sampling. Is it part of the power train 60,000 miles? All I have now is the standard 3yr 36,000, but I believe the engine and transmission is longer correct? Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,241 Posts
Power train.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power train.
What would you do with such a new engine with very high iron and copper levels in oil samples? I sample all my engines and this is crazy high. I know it's a bigger engine than the rest with 2 more cylinders, but to be 170+ppm iron and 140+ppm copper with 14K on the clock has be puzzled. I'm using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 only. Thanks.

·
Registered
JGC
837 Posts
Does anyone know what the manufactures warranty is on the 5.7L Hemi in the Grand Cherokee? I have a 2020 Trailhawk with 14K on the clock and very high iron & copper report with oil sampling. Is it part of the power train 60,000 miles? All I have now is the standard 3yr 36,000, but I believe the engine and transmission is longer correct? Thanks.
If you plan on keeping it past 3/36K, then you need to be looking at buying a MaxCare plan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts