Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
The axle ratio for the older Hemi's was 3.73 compared to the much taller 3.09 ratio used currently for better fuel economy. That taller ratio adversely affects acceleration, although the 8 speed's ratios help somewhat.

My Jeep weighs almost 5200 lbs. Edmonds must have had The entire staff inside that Challenger on the scales!

Apologies, they only state gross not curb weight.

How do I know which rear end I have? Did 5.7's come with a specific ratio? I'm 4x2. I agree, this would be a huge improvement. Was one of the first things Corvette guys did on C4's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What about them? For Christ's sake you could buy 2 Grand Cherokees for what a Porsche SUV costs. Why don't you compare it to a Ferrari Enzo? :rolleyes:

Your argument is just ridiculous. Now you're talking costs?:lol: Alright, you win. I should have purchased an SRT or a Hellcat if I wanted some power out of my vehicle. Check the for sale section, just listed my Jeep.

If anyone else has input about pepping this thing up, would love to hear. Anyone actually done gears, heads, cams etc? I see just Diablo or supercharger info. I've ready some less than positive remarks about the Diablo units.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Apologies, they only state gross not curb weight.

How do I know which rear end I have? Did 5.7's come with a specific ratio? I'm 4x2. I agree, this would be a huge improvement. Was one of the first things Corvette guys did on C4's.
Correct - all V8's are available only with the 3.09 except for the SRT which has a 3.70.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I should have purchased an SRT or a Hellcat if I wanted some power out of my vehicle.
If you wanted MORE than a 5.7 HEMI, then yes. Buy a bigger, higher horsepower engine. I wanted more than a V-6...... So here is a news flash.... I bought a 5.7 HEMI V-8 and guess what? I got it!

·
Registered
95' & 12' G.C.
19 Posts
Well well well got my jeep back and yes it's all been taken care of....the guys over at RIPP Superchargers in Staten Island had some issues with it, but got Diablo directly involved and supercharged and moving along (just a lot faster than before). ExTrEmLy happy and satisfied!!! I'll be posting some pics soon. You guys should check them out www.rippmods.com knowledgable, and beyond excellent customer service! And yeah I know it's supercharged....but it's 5.7 Hemi and it f**king hauls ass at 5200 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage[/QUOTE]

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
The build sheet that everyone gets from Chrysler via the internet shows 3.45's with a build code DLKP. Is that incorrect?
That's for v6 and diesel

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
...Now I'm even more confused.
MY14/15....All V6 (gas & diesel) get the 3:45 rear, all 5.7 Hemi get 3:09's and all 6.4 Hemi get 3:70's.

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,264 Posts
Just to stir up the pot a bit, but hemi's get 3.09's for 4x2's. I've seen elsewhere the 4x4's have a different gear ratio. Is this correct for Hemi 4x4's???

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
Just to stir up the pot a bit, but hemi's get 3.09's for 4x2's. I've seen elsewhere the 4x4's have a different gear ratio. Is this correct for Hemi 4x4's???
Wasn't aware u could get a 5.7 in 4x2 for MY14/15...can't and never could config that on Jeep.com...I tried when I was shopping Sept '13.

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
Well that's it....my and many others' answers where for MY14/15 8spd equipped....the equipment list from online self service and true build sheets from Milous or Jeep cust srvc r always 100% accurate to what u have on board your VIN, AFAIK...

81 - 100 of 136 Posts