Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Limited
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out of curiosity, what is the normal oil pressure range for the 5.7 HEMI? I have a 2018 Limited and it seems to hover between 53 - 60 psi (near 3/4 scale on the gauge.) both when idling while cool and when driving. I did just take it on the freeway and can confirm that when "warmed up" it will drop to ~40 psi at idle. Oil is either 5W-20 Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 w/ Purolator Boss filter (if oil/filter matter). Engines are obviously different but most of the ones I've experienced that had oil pressure gauges ranged from 0 - 120 psi and oil pressure was noticeably lower at idle and lower temperatures.

What is considered "high" and "low" for this engine? Thanks.

·
Registered
JGC
867 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the normal oil pressure range for the 5.7 HEMI? I have a 2018 Limited and it seems to hover between 53 - 60 psi (near 3/4 scale on the gauge.) both when idling while cool and when driving. I did just take it on the freeway and can confirm that when "warmed up" it will drop to ~40 psi at idle. Oil is either 5W-20 Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 w/ Purolator Boss filter (if oil/filter matter). Engines are obviously different but most of the ones I've experienced that had oil pressure gauges ranged from 0 - 120 psi and oil pressure was noticeably lower at idle and lower temperatures.

What is considered "high" and "low" for this engine? Thanks.
On my hemi, when warm, it runs~60 psi when I'm maintaining speed. If I let off the accelerator it goes down and if accelerating it goes up. I'd say your range mimic's mine and is fine.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
3,088 Posts
I don't know how much it fluctuates but the few times I looked at the number it seems like it's always right around 53.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Same here - around 60 on start up and normal cruising dropping to approx. 35-40 at idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts