Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For ever my dealer has been over filling my SRT oil ever since i've gotten it.

Turns out the Dipstick has been the entire problem.

The dip stick writing is too low on the stick at 7 Qt's it will read a Full quart or more over the full line.

I told the dealer about it and all they offered to do for me was give me a 10% discount on the new Dipstick and had to be ordered.

I know the TSB mentions 2015 SRT's

But I have the SAME Part # on my 2012 SRT 05038472AA Is the Wrong Dipstick.

The Proper part number is 05038472AB

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0901115.pdf

Just a PSA Check your Dipstick after an Oil change I bet it shows Over Full after 7 Quarts!

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,818 Posts
We just got a TSB also for this on the 5.7s except ours read under filed by 1 quart when we put in 7 quarts lol, makes me laugh they cant get something as simple as a dip stick correct

·
Premium Member
2008 grand cherokee
135 Posts
was at my dealer this morning for 2 recalls on my 08 5.7 and mentioned about the recall for the 15 srt dipstick and also the rotors and I'm going in tomorrow for them

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We just got a TSB also for this on the 5.7s except ours read under filed by 1 quart when we put in 7 quarts lol, makes me laugh they cant get something as simple as a dip stick correct
Some body's Laser CNC etching work needs checked lol

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,818 Posts
Some body's Laser CNC etching work needs checked lol
there was a guy on here the other day saying something about the oil level being incorrect on the 3.2 Cherokees maybe they are next for a new dip stick and the same fool designed those dip sticks also

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is so pathetic I had the same issue with my 5.7. The fact that they want us to pay for their mistake makes it even worse. I've spent extra money on oil just to over fill my engine. Clearly they were just hiding the problem I brought up the issue to my dealer after every oil change and they acted like I had 2 heads. Never again!

·
Premium Member
2008 grand cherokee
135 Posts
got my new dipstick, new brake rotors, and 5 computer flashes today, runs better!! great day!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Silly question...but how do you know if you're eligible for the brake rotor recall? Haven't had any issues with mine but if I can get a new set I certainly will lol.

I have a 14 and my dipstick is off as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
2008 grand cherokee
135 Posts
the rotor recall is for my 2012-2015 SRT only and if you have a brake squeal or squeak they will replace them... it doesn't squeal all the time so it says to replace them on the tsb. the new ones have small groves near the hub

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the rotor recall is for my 2012-2015 SRT only and if you have a brake squeal or squeak they will replace them... it doesn't squeal all the time so it says to replace them on the tsb. the new ones have small groves near the hub
It's a tsb not a recall.

They will not do this for free if your out of factory warranty. Or changed rotors from factory.

Has to be in the 3/36k period

I have 62k on my srt and was charged for the dipstick.

·
Premium Member
2008 grand cherokee
135 Posts
i only have 2300 miles on mine, keeping it low for my buddy son for when i get the Trackhawk, so they didn't even question me

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,693 Posts
What flashes did you get for the Jeep?

Mine is going into the dealer tomorrow. Would like to know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 grand cherokee
135 Posts
the radio security-R40,radio frequency hub flash,tire pressure sensor module flash,powertrain control module flash,transmission control module flash, it shifts better now even tho i had no complaints and it seems to have more pep, good luck mine went great!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where can I find the details for all recalls on the 2015?

Are they the same in Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

1 - 20 of 35 Posts