1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Reports are the 32gb is as big as you can go. Same as the dart and ram

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you already have a 64gb, you can get it to work, but you will have to format it and other things to make the card think that it is only 32gb. You will still only net 32gb of space to read on the Jeep. So, if you have it, it's possible to do. If you don't have one, buy the cheaper 32gb.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What about a USB drive? Whats the max on that? (assuming you can use one in that USB port with a drive)

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
What about a USB drive? Whats the max on that? (assuming you can use one in that USB port with a drive)
Not sure if 64GB is the limit (read about people using bigger cards than 32GB) but read about some limitation as far number of files that can be stored/accessed.

Overall whatever the limitation is it probably applies to all media. It is just operating system limitation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a 64gb sandisk usb drive to play my itunes library on my 2014. No special formatting was needed.

·
Registered
Latitude X
933 Posts
Just throwing my $0.02 in here as an IT person.
If you are going to buy a new SD/microSD card, make sure to buy a Class 10 card.
Class 10 offers the fastest transfer speeds currently available.
And it makes a big difference.
With a Class 4 microSD card in a USB adapter, it took over 2 hours to transfer 3.6GB of songs onto the HD in my 2012.
With a Class 10 microSD card in the same adapter, it took 40-45 minutes to transfer 5GB of songs onto the HD.

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
2014s don't have a HD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2014s don't have a HD.
True, but the transfer rate still can make a difference. When i leave my usb drive plugged in from day to day, it seems to always have the directories cached and there is no loading (itunes library with hundreds of folders). If i pull the drive for a day or two and then plug it back in, it has to explore the drive and process each folder again, which takes 5-10 min. The bands begin to list in order as they are read in, but if you want to listen to something that starts with Z, you will be waiting 10 min.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I plugged a 16gb class 4 sd card in the day I took delivery and haven't touched it since then. Album art and all works great. Around 100 cds worth of music and it's only half full.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Can you put a SD card from a camera in the slot and have it display pictures on UConnect screen?
No, but that would be nice feature. Airplay from Apple devices wpuld be nice as well. You can do a lot of things with this big screen. Wonder what Lockpick will bring.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe it is QNX. "They" always talk about it sharing a platform with Blackberry. But what so they know Blackberry has nothing to do with it (technically).

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To follow up on this, I tried a 64gb Lexar 400x card in the cherokee today - it worked fine. It was formatted to FAT32 (it came from the factory as exFAT).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm old school but the thought of putting all my CDs on an SD card and not having to take up space in the console was a great idea. I bought an SD card then started reading all the posts about how it has to be formatted a certain way or it messes up UConnect as well as not knowing what I am doing anyhow, is enough to make me forget the whole idea...how disappointing!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm old school but the thought of putting all my CDs on an SD card and not having to take up space in the console was a great idea. I bought an SD card then started reading all the posts about how it has to be formatted a certain way or it messes up UConnect as well as not knowing what I am doing anyhow, is enough to make me forget the whole idea...how disappointing!!
The formatting is mostly for people trying to use a 64g card in a "32g max" drive. I just bought a sandisk class 10 32g the other day. I just dragged my music files from one folder to the other and it works fine. No formatting or nothing needed.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
The formatting is mostly for people trying to use a 64g card in a "32g max" drive. I just bought a sandisk class 10 32g the other day. I just dragged my music files from one folder to the other and it works fine. No formatting or nothing needed.
I agree. Easy Peasy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts