Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,378 Posts
Yes, you can control those functions via VR as well. The VR system is amazing. If you want any phone-related function (e.g.; calling or texting someone) you press the phone button - for anything else you press the VR button and you can likely control it via voice (changing radio stations; climate control setting for driver and/or passenger; and many more things).

Have you tried controling the climate and seat features via VR? It doesn't work..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks much for the CD/console pics...now I know what to expect.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Have you tried controling the climate and seat features via VR? It doesn't work..
Works on my RA4 system - e.g.; "Set driver temperature to 69 degrees." You sure you're pressing the VR button and not the green phone button? Your phone won't know what to do with your seat. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
I was able to set the climate using VR by saying set climate to 72 degrees. Other than that, I struck out on most other tries including the seats.

Northland, how are you saying it to get it to work with the seats? Is there a list of accepted commands? When you say help with the VR, it goes through some generic ones for the phone and radio, but then says consult the owner's manual, but I didn't remember seeing anything about being able to control the seats/steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I was able to set the climate using VR by saying set climate to 72 degrees. Other than that, I struck out on most other tries including the seats.

Northland, how are you saying it to get it to work with the seats? Is there a list of accepted commands? When you say help with the VR, it goes through some generic ones for the phone and radio, but then says consult the owner's manual, but I didn't remember seeing anything about being able to control the seats/steering wheel.
I said you can turn on/off the heated seat function via the VR system - never said anything about controlling any other seat or steering wheel functions. Even computer voices have limitations. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I said you can turn on/off the heated seat function via the VR system - never said anything about controlling any other seat or steering wheel functions. Even computer voices have limitations. :D
Sorry, I meant what are you saying to turn on the heated seats and does it work with turning on the heated steering wheel? I tried several different times and phrase variations to turn on the heated seats with VR and it never worked.

That could be fun if you could control the seat position and mess with other people while driving by raising/lowering their seats :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
That could be fun if you could control the seat position and mess with other people while driving by raising/lowering their seats :lol:
That's odd. Everyone's saying this like VR controlling everything from climate controls to the radio is a new feature. I've had this in my '11 Overland since I bought it. The only problem I've noticed is it switching to the wrong station sometimes and turning the heat down too far.

Of course, she does take up the whole passenger seat...

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,378 Posts
You sir are correct. You must be a smooth talker lol.
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Sorry, I meant what are you saying to turn on the heated seats and does it work with turning on the heated steering wheel? I tried several different times and phrase variations to turn on the heated seats with VR and it never worked.

Well, my apologies - I got back in the car and tried the seat heater command; doesn't work for me either - must be my old age confusing that with the climate control, which does work via VR.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,870 Posts
Did Jeep provide any documentation about how to use the voice controls?

My current car had a booklet with something like 2000 words/phrases to use.
If you get close, it will still work while it voices the phrase correctly.

Maybe in a rugged Jeep you need to raise your voice and use some expletives. :D

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Did Jeep provide any documentation about how to use the voice controls?
"RTFM", as they say! I finally did; it confirms that the VR system only controls media selection; navigation input; and climate (temperature) setting - doesn't control heated seat function. Maybe I need to adjust my meds...:slapfight:

·
Registered
158 Posts
For me, I would like either a slightly larger sub or a more powerful one, but it is good for an OEM system. Don't get me wrong, the bass and music quality will be perfect for the majority of people, but I am used to a back massage when listening to music and have at least two 12" subs in may car for the last 10 years. I think I saw someone else mention that they actually have their bass on negative because it is so much.
If you want more bass look into the JL audio stealthbox. It replaces the factory subwoofer and they do a pretty good job of color matching to the interior of the vehicle. That woofer will be a marked improvement to the factory one.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.