Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys my 99 has just over 200k on it, and just last weekend in the middle of my 120 mile journey, it began to sound and feel like I was driving on the rumble strip. Only periodically. Noise and vibrations coming from front end. I stopped for a while and kept going and it was quiet for about a mile before it started again. It does it with acceleration and deceleration but not a perfect coast, and again periodically! Sounds like an aggressive ticking from the front i did have some humming coming from it when giving it gas so I changed the fluids about a month ago. Any ideas??

·
Registered
03 WJ, 4.Slow, 3" IRO
142 Posts
Did you figure it out?

Might be a U-joint on the front driveshaft or CV joint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled front drive line out all noises are gone u joints feel pretty good. Still no resolution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, resolution. T case has approximately 1/3 of a quart of oil had an unnoticeable leak since last oil change but that little bit of oil was full of glitter. T case is toast.

·
Registered
03 WJ, 4.Slow, 3" IRO
142 Posts
Update, resolution. T case has approximately 1/3 of a quart of oil had an unnoticeable leak since last oil change but that little bit of oil was full of glitter. T case is toast.
Ouch! Not good, sorry to hear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts