Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 7 years and basically 100k Miles, the EcoD went to a new owner last night. Sad to see it go really, but time to move on. While it had it's Diesel quirks, by and large it never let me down. Drove it thru many midwestern blizzards, Just drove it 1400 miles last week thru some pretty rough FL/GA hail filled thunderstorms, never let us down [email protected] MPG.
Have enjoyed this forum thru those 7 years. Learned a lot from many far more knowledgeable members than me. Will take that knowledge on to the next stop.
If JEEP would have had a 3 row diesel offering, I may have stuck with them. But the delays of the new platform and constant postponements finally drove us to a Yukon Denali Dmax. Should be receiving an about a week. I wish you all the best. Keep those EcoD's going... It was great to have one and be a part of it.....

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Thanks for all your input. Getting ready to move on too, but it's going to be hard to part with this one. Really love it. It's going to be a choice between Audi RSQ8 or Wrangler 392. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,612 Posts
Many safe and happy miles in your new wheels mate👍

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,777 Posts
Sad to see you go. Thanks for all the good info you shared. Good luck with your new rig. See you down the road.

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
263 Posts
That Yukon Denali with the 3.0 Duramax should be amazing! Congrats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Yukon with the Duramax after you've had it for a bit. I'm in the market for a new or newer diesel SUV that's a little bigger than the JGC and the Tahoe / Yukon are on my list, but out of my budget range right now. There's not much left out there to chose from.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my criterion for a new vehicle was it had to have three rows, and it had to be a diesel, so there really were no other choices out there. I’ll be getting this Duramax in about a week and then we will see if it’s anything like what is advertised. I’m betting that it won’t get the eco-diesel mileage, but if it’s anything over 25 on the highway for this huge vehicle, I’m happy. I have a growing grandchildren herd to cart around now, I need the space, and this could be one of the last great diesel SUVs ever produced in all reality...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts