Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
A few weeks ago, I made it out to Wildwood in NJ for the Jeep Invasion! This is the second year I have attended this event. As usual, it was a ton of fun. There were so many Jeeps and awesome people there. I spent most of my time with Jeepers Creepers, my Jeep group, and I couldn't have imagined a better turnout. The sun was shining every day and there was always something to do. I, of course, had my camera with my and took some shots. I also made an edit that I think turned out pretty well! Take a look, if you were there, your Jeep may have made the cut!

Jeep Invasion!
Subbed.

Great rig and I see you're a fellow Jersey head!

Essex County here!

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Hey guys,

I just wanted to make an update as where I stand and as to where my Jeep currently stands as well. There is a ton going on and I am really excited and just as stressed for it all as well.

I'll start with the Jeep updates first! Within the next few months, I hope to have a few things done aside from the smaller modifications and regular maintenance.

First things first, I am going way up north to study mechanical engineering about 20 minutes from Canada. That being said, I will be winterizing my Jeep and going over everything I personally will use to do so. I won't list that now, it will be smaller things like onboard air, emergency kits, tools, etc.

Next I will be going over some performance updates. These updates will be in process until I finish my first year of school. I currently am in possession of a Crazy Jay Plus cam by Inertia as well as new valve springs and push rods. I figured while I am in there I will do things such as the timing chain, headers, gaskets, heads, etc. I actually made a thread here. So, along with the cam, I got SRT8 stock manifolds, Magnaflow mids, and I have yet to find out how I want to finish the true dual exhaust. I met a guy who I have been in contact with about doing the dyno runs before and after and I will also be taking the Jeep to my local track for fun to see the time difference! You can follow this build every step of the way on my YouTube channel here. That build will be slow, but I will be doing custom painting, tuning, etc. I actually forgot to mention I did get new heads that will accommodate the common valve issues with the Hemi engines!

All of that is very exciting in itself, but it doesn't even brush the surface of what is to come! Next as many of you may know, I build custom headlights! So, it is as expected that I build a new set for myself and I actually have been gathering parts for about eight months now. They will be stock halogen housings with quad projectors (Morimoto MH1 7.0s in the low beam and FXR 3.0 3" in the highs), LED Concepts demon eyes all around, LED Concepts Sequential Switchback 25" DRL, Morimoto switchback 80mm halos, custom paint, and I will leave it at that! I am just missing a few components such as replacement 3" lenses for the FXRs, new housings, D2S bulbs, and ballasts. But, once that is in possession, the build won't be more than a month away. I will start producing videos to cover everything on this build soon as I mentioned most things are in my possession. Overall, there is an MSRP $2,000 going into them (I did not have to pay that much though as I bought many things during large sales and some parts via members of forums. I even won a contest for a $100 gift card). I have a playlist on my channel regarding headlight only projects, check it out here!

It doesn't stop there! I have been on the lookout for a new paint job for some time now. I do wheel my Jeep enough to where an expensive, shiny job just wouldn't be appropriate. Being that I have worked with Chassis Saver by Magnet Paints for some time now, I have been leaning towards their coating: Monstaliner. It is a very cost effective, DIY kit that achieves its texture via the roller and is VERY UV resistant. They come in awesome colors and I plan on doing a two tone black and tan setup that I got from a WK2 I saw. Though at Jeep Invasion, I talked with a rep from Line-X and I have to admit, I am actually being pulled in their direction as an option. Their products are more then twice the mil thickness and are almost literally bomb proof. I will have to see if I can work something out with my local Line-X dealer. Cost differences are two different worlds...

Almost there, but I left the potential best for last. I am not going to say anything is definite yet, I don't want to jinx anything, but I will leave these pictures here as a hint...

Now onto my YouTube channel!

I am really happy and proud to announce I have gotten my first sponsor! I have worked with a few companies as my channel grows, but The Steel Armadillo will be my very first partner and I am excited to continue working with Jon and the company! Check them out here.

Second, I plan to change the style of my channel from now on. I do some basic how-to style videos, but as I watch others and try and find what makes their videos so enjoyable, I want to switch to a more personal vlog style while not steering too far away from my roots. If you watch any channels as I do, I want to emulate channels such as Mighty Car Mods, TJ Hunt, etc. I do a lot for the channel and I really hope you enjoy it!

Now personally, I am going away at the end of August to venture off to my first year of college to study mechanical engineering at Clarkson University. I look forward to learning more and using my Jeep as a canvas for some pretty awesome projects! I will still be working on the Jeep, making videos, and everything else, though it may just be a little slower.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer, I know I am and I look forward to everything mentioned above and more! I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this! :laugh2:

Stay in touch on my pages!

Social Media!
Facebook Page! Click HERE

YouTube Channel! Click HERE

Instagram Page! Click HERE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to use a heatgun a second time to further prevent the tire from rubbing the liner. And in the rear, when the axle was fully articulated, the inner part of the fender would put some nice tears in the outer part of the tire. This was only because I have the larger 2" wheel spacers though, so I just rolled the fenders a tad. Otherwise, the tires have been great!
I read this thread out of boredom but by page 3, I had gotten invested in this lol. Looking great

Sent from mTalk

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
I'm happy to say that I survived my first semester at college! It was a lot tougher then I had anticipated. Starting school two years after high school ended in the pursuit of hockey definitely set me back in the academic aspect and I was completely booked with classes, tutoring, and getting accustomed to life at college seven hours from home. But, I made it and I'm home for a month for the holidays! That being said, I hope everyone was able to enjoy their Thanksgiving!

I left off for school just after i got the Metal Pasja bumpers, so in case you don't follow my Instagram or Facebook, I'll post some more pictures now so they can be seen! I still haven't gotten them aligned perfectly and I also haven't installed a winch (front nor rear), the rear tire carrier, or the LED DRLs that are for the front bumper. I am hoping to knock some of that out when I am home for this month.

Sorry for the poor image quality on the last few, I brought my camera with me to Burlington, VT, but completely forgot my SD card in my computer at my dorm, so I had to use my phone. Speaking of which I have been doing as much travelling as possible with the Jeep and I got my Jeep into Canada for the very first time as well as Lake Placid to get on the dyno which I made a thread for HERE if you're interested in the results.

Note that that's not me, it's the owner of the dyno's shop!

Next up, I'd like to give a formal thanks to Berryman's Products. Some may be familiar with this company as a fuel stabilizer, cleaner, conditioner, etc company. They have expanded to much more than that, but they have been well known for their Chemtool since 1958 and have history that goes all of the way back to 1918, so they know the trade. I reached out to them as a result of seeing what kind of gas was available to me at college. I am used to running 93 octane (as per my Diablo tune) and I have always stayed loyal to BP (it's closest to me and their fuel composition has always been impressive). At school, there were no BP stations, not Shell, but there is a Sunoco that offers 93 about three miles from campus, so I head towards there for gas. Still, it left something to be desired, so I reached out to Berryman and they were more than happy to discuss some options for myself. By the end of the conversations, they had actually gone ahead and sent me a case of their B-12 Chemtool! This was an awesome surprise and I couldn't be more grateful. My Jeep sits for weeks at a time under a car cover as I don't have much time to go off campus, and if I do go off campus, the distance driven is short meaning carbon deposits will be more abundant. With the Chemtool, I don't have to worry about poor gas, letting my Jeep sit for a week or two, and I know my Jeep will be ready for the seven hour, 350 mile trip home. So again, thank you, Berryman's Products! Check them out HERE!

Last, but definitely not least, is my recent sponsorship! If you have watched my YouTube channel, you may know that I do a lot of videos for The Steel Armadillo. Well, the owner and I have formed a partnership and I am now proud to say that they are my first sponsor! I can't wait to continue working with such a great company and owner, I have a lot planned for this from videos, installs, events, and more! If you are looking for aftermarket parts for the WK platform, check out their site, HERE!

I have made an update video for my channel, it's basically my first vlog and I just tell where my channel is headed and talks about the recent sponsorship. Check it out if you'd like and if you enjoy it, subscribe and leave a thumbs up (again, up to you)!

My First Sponsor!

Happy holidays everyone, I'll be back shortly.

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Happy New Year everyone! :grin2:

The start of 2017 looks promising and I can't wait to get started. I hope this is the same for everyone here as well.

For starters, I FINALLY got the last switch cover from OTRATTW to finish up my Steel Armadillo switch panel. I just needed the windsheild light switch cover to finish it up. If you're interested, you can find the switch cover HERE.

I think it looks pretty good! :smile2:

Other than that, I got a ton of film equipment that i can't wait to use for my YouTube channel. My favorite piece being the DJI Phantom 3 Standard I'll be using to take some awesome shots that I think will look killer in off road films and such. I plan on doing some more vlogs and cinematic type films, we'll see though.

I have a TON of other videos I plan on making too for other products I have. I have some Billet Tech under hood pieces, Morimoto lighting accessories, DRLs for my Metal Pasja bumpers, some general maintenance, relocating my evap canister, and I'll be cutting open my oil filter thanks to Filtermag to see how my Filtermag is working!

All in all, a ton to come! I appreciate everyone's support that I have gotten, looking forward to the year to come!

·
Registered
05' Jeep WK
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 · (Edited)
Guys!

It has been way too long now, but I am happy to be back. I have had so much going on from clearing up some personal issues, school, and work. I am back now and I hope to update weekly as I have done so much to my Jeep in the past few months that I have been missing. I had so many plans and many have changed, some have started to take action. I have still documented everything and I plan on posting everything on my YouTube channel and other media, I just have to catch up. For the time being, I released a new video concerning my YouTube plans and also a surprise I got from Amsoil as they saw the videos I made and posted using their products from a year ago! They even used one of my videos within their blog and you can see that HERE. I'll post that below and I will also attach some pictures of the WK as it sat during this years New Jersey Jeep Invasion in Wildwood! I look forward to hearing from everyone! :)

Latest YouTube Update!

221 - 231 of 231 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.