Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to determine which incentives/rebates I'd qualify for that were not somehow mutually exclusive? Is this something that I would need to discuss with the dealer? I know that some of these may change or go away in the next few days, but just trying to figure out ... how to figure it out :rolleyes:

It appears that I might be eligible for the following:
  • USAA - $1000
  • Costco - $200 below online price (I'm not truly clear on how this one works)
  • PenFed - Must be a member for 30 days (not going to use this one since I plan to purchase sooner)
  • 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1 - $2,000
  • National 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1 - $500
  • Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash (Must finance through Chrysler) 20CL5 - $750
  • Any other rebates that I might have missed?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It didn't seem like anyone had any comments on this, so I asked the questions of the Jeep dealer. Here are my questions and the answers I received.

1. Q: Are you a member of the COSTCO Auto Program? If so, what does that amount to? Answer: We are currently not on the Costco Auto Program, but our pricing is so competitive that we would are priced better than the discount through Costco.
  2. Q: Is there a way to predetermine if I'm eligible for the various rebate programs with/without mutual exclusions? I believe I'd qualify for the following (at minimum) I do understand that some of these programs might go away or be modified in the next several days:
    1. USAA --- Answer: not compatible with Costco or online pricing (you get the better of the two pricing.)
    2. COSTCO --- Answer: (same as USAA)
    3. 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1
    4. National 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1
    5. Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5
    6. Q: Any other current rebates I don't know about? ----- Answer: The rebates listed above are based on where you're registering the vehicle and what you qualify for. The Bonus Cash and Consumer Cash are typically compatible. The Chrysler Capital Bonus is only if you finance through Chrysler Capital with their standard rates.
I was surprised that the USAA was not compatible with the online pricing (Huh????). That sucks.

Also, the 20CL5 program is only if you finance through Chrysler with their standard rates ... does this mean that the 0% financing options are not valid? That said, the bonus cash for this is $750. Guess I could "finance" and then pay off the balance within a month or two. Would that work?

Bottom line is that it appears my best deal would be to use the online pricing (fairly aggressive) along with the 20CL1 ($2000), 20CLA1 ($500) and 20CL5 ($750) programs. I'd have to make sure that there would be no penalty for early payment on the financing option. If I could finesse it, the USAA program is an additional $1000.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I financed through Chrysler to get the extra $750 rebate. The rate was 5.88% for 72 months which is horrible (my credit score is >800). My dealer asked me to make 4 payments before refinancing. I have heard similar requests before and plan to make the 4 payments before refinancing through my credit union. I don't believe any rebates are available with the 0%/84.

An additional $500 factory rebate is available through TrueCar which can be used with the $2,500 cash and $750 financing rebates ($3,750 total). But, it can't be used in conjunction with any of the other misc rebates (realtor, military, etc.) if you qualify for one of those. Also, don't sign up for the TrueCar rebate until you're ready to buy as they typically expire pretty quickly.

The TrueCar rebate is available by going to their site and providing some personal info. You will be contacted by several participating dealers, but it's a manufacturer rebate that can be used at any dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found those $3750 as well Bonus, retail, realtor and Chrys finance...another $500 was available on select vehicles on the lot too long, as well as $500 because my e-mail was registered through Jeep that a dealer had found...I had a deal set up with $4750 in rebates and $2300 in dealer discount...but in the end still pricey figured the dealer discount would be in the $5k range all by itself...

We will see what the May promotions are tomorrow, but all the economic news is horrible, so if they do not want to take my money i guess I will wait...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found those $3750 as well Bonus, retail, realtor and Chrys finance...another $500 was available on select vehicles on the lot too long, as well as $500 because my e-mail was registered through Jeep that a dealer had found...I had a deal set up with $4750 in rebates and $2300 in dealer discount...but in the end still pricey figured the dealer discount would be in the $5k range all by itself...

We will see what the May promotions are tomorrow, but all the economic news is horrible, so if they do not want to take my money i guess I will wait...
Hmmmmm ... I'll have to register at Jeep to see if I can get that extra $500. I do think I'll be able to use my $1000 USAA in conjunction with the other Retail/Bonus offers. At least I have an email from the dealer showing them being used together. I'm looking at something a bit under $4000 for the dealer MSRP discount. Overall, it appears that without any negotiation, I should be able to get something around 4% under invoice before rebates, tax, tag, registration. It will be interesting to see what the May promotions are.

·
Quadra-Drive II
2014 Limited
741 Posts
Is there an easy way to determine which incentives/rebates I'd qualify for that were not somehow mutually exclusive? Is this something that I would need to discuss with the dealer? I know that some of these may change or go away in the next few days, but just trying to figure out ... how to figure it out :rolleyes:

It appears that I might be eligible for the following:
  • USAA - $1000
  • Costco - $200 below online price (I'm not truly clear on how this one works)
  • PenFed - Must be a member for 30 days (not going to use this one since I plan to purchase sooner)
  • Any other rebates that I might have missed?
Unless I can get a better deal from the dealer....I use my treadlighty membership to get an FCA affiliates control number to get a discount of 1% below the invoice price. This is the FFP price on the dealer order sheet. Go to the Treadlightly website for more info...once you become a member you have to wait 30 days before purchasing a new vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
Historically, a "good deal" on a Grand Cherokee of this generation is 5-6% below invoice BEFORE any manufacturer incentives. Check out the Koons sponsor area here in the forums for an example of that. While selling prices will vary geographically and with dealership size...and current supply conditions are less favorable...it's worth negotiating as hard as possible to get into or close to that range.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Historically, a "good deal" on a Grand Cherokee of this generation is 5-6% below invoice BEFORE any manufacturer incentives. Check out the Koons sponsor area here in the forums for an example of that. While selling prices will vary geographically and with dealership size...and current supply conditions are less favorable...it's worth negotiating as hard as possible to get into or close to that range.
I'm working towards 5% (I'm at about 4% now). I figure shipping a car from Koons would cost me more than 1% of invoice anyway, so 5% works.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my 20 TrailHawk
Mentioned above about Chrysler financing, I was told to pay at least 4 months of payments also
Also have credit score of 800+
Got 4.5% for 84 months just so I don't have to pay them very much before I refinance
Buddy of mine who works at the dealership says there is no minimum amount of payments, just make sure the paperwork is all set on Chrysler end before you refinance
Ended up 19% below MSRP and before trade-in

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW: Looks like the current rebates have been extended unchanged until 6/1/2020

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I bought a 2020 Trailhawk today and qualified for:
  • Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash (Must finance through Chrysler) 20CL5 - $750 (might back out of this as the interest rate was ridiculous)
  • USAA rebate - $1000
  • Total = $4250
  • I'll be paying off the loan after 3 payments if I opt to continue with it.
I was able to get the 5.7L Hemi Trailhawk with Protech II and Rock Rail (dealer installed) for about 6% under invoice then $4250 in rebates. I think I did fairly well. :sneaky:
I'll be purchasing the Extended warranty from Tom ... still the best price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I financed through Chrysler to get the extra $750 rebate. The rate was 5.88% for 72 months which is horrible (my credit score is >800). My dealer asked me to make 4 payments before refinancing. I have heard similar requests before and plan to make the 4 payments before refinancing through my credit union. I don't believe any rebates are available with the 0%/84.

An additional $500 factory rebate is available through TrueCar which can be used with the $2,500 cash and $750 financing rebates ($3,750 total). But, it can't be used in conjunction with any of the other misc rebates (realtor, military, etc.) if you qualify for one of those. Also, don't sign up for the TrueCar rebate until you're ready to buy as they typically expire pretty quickly.

The TrueCar rebate is available by going to their site and providing some personal info. You will be contacted by several participating dealers, but it's a manufacturer rebate that can be used at any dealer.
I financed my '19 through Chrysler Capital to get the $1,000 rebate. Despite a credit score in the 750+ range all they would give me was 5.8% for 60 months, which I thought was ludicrous. I told the finance guy I was planning on refinancing the loan and he didn't care. 3 weeks later I signed a 3.45% loan through my credit union and had no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
When we bought our 2019 JGC TrailHawk we got several rebates more of a pita to get the rebates, it was worth. I tried to pay it off after making 2 payments. I sent the pay off check after making my second payment they didn’t want to give me a payoff amount. Good old Chrysler Credit aka Synchrony Bank. I got myJGC Trailhawk 04Oct19, I sent the payoff amount on 12Oct19 (my mother’s birthday) they cashed my check on 25Oct19. I did not get the pink slip aka title for my Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk until 31Jan20 I should have just wrote them a check when I took delivery. When I got my 2016 Ram Laramie I wrote a check for the purchase price when we took delivery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts