Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does jeep have models with adaptive headlights? I found one article saying they were introduced in 2014 but discontinued in 2017 and can’t tell if they ever came back, to include brand new fully loaded models. I see lots of mention of halogen, HID, and bi-xenon headlights, just not sure if any of those mean they turn with the tires.

·
Registered
JGC
837 Posts
Does jeep have models with adaptive headlights? I found one article saying they were introduced in 2014 but discontinued in 2017 and can’t tell if they ever came back, to include brand new fully loaded models. I see lots of mention of halogen, HID, and bi-xenon headlights, just not sure if any of those mean they turn with the tires.
2014-2015 JGC Summit's and SRT's had the adaptive HID headlights. They were not offered in 2016.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2014-2015 JGC Summit's and SRT's had the adaptive HID headlights. They were not offered in 2016.
That’s the one article I found. Seems strange that it’s 2022 and Jeep doesn’t offer this. Seems even stranger that they did briefly and then stopped.

·
Registered
JGC
837 Posts
That’s the one article I found. Seems strange that it’s 2022 and Jeep doesn’t offer this. Seems even stranger that they did briefly and then stopped.
Not really to me. My guess it was a trial to determine if it made revenue/profit/sales sense to continue and expand it among its brands or kill it. Note that the 2014’s were designed and introduced long before the final sale to Fiat in January, 2014. Fiat may have had a lot to say in whether or not CDRJ would expand adaptive headlights or kill it. I had adaptive headlights on at least 2 bmw’s, and to me, they were nothing more than novelty 99+% of the time driving at night. They only benefited me in the mountains, on some gravel/dirt tight switchback, unlighted, roads leading up to someone’s cabin where the extra 15% was appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really to me. My guess it was a trial to determine if it made revenue/profit/sales sense to continue and expand it among its brands or kill it. Note that the 2014’s were designed and introduced long before the final sale to Fiat in January, 2014. Fiat may have had a lot to say in whether or not CDRJ would expand adaptive headlights or kill it. I had adaptive headlights on at least 2 bmw’s, and to me, they were nothing more than novelty 99+% of the time driving at night. They only benefited me in the mountains, on some gravel/dirt tight switchback, unlighted, roads leading up to someone’s cabin where the extra 15% was appreciated.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. My BMW before my GC had them and that’s the feature I miss the most. My wife’s Hyundai even has them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts