Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12' Jeep Compass
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple green leds strips laying around and i decided to install them on either side of the center console. I tapped into the gearshift light like another member did here. I may move them to under the dash but what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
Do those require you to wear sunglasses at night? :D

·
Registered
12' Jeep Compass
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are pretty bright, i may have to cut the strips down to 5 leds to tone it down a bit...

·
Registered
12' Jeep Compass
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I moved the leds to under the dash so the light will be directed down and not shining right in my face, i will take a couple pics tonight.
Thanks for the link sswails, i may get a few of those and put them under the front footwells and move the the strips to under the rear seats. I saw this setup on a my14 Overland and it looked great. Chrysler should have gone all the way with the footwell and under seat lighting to begin with..

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
Nice. My kids miss the multi-colored ambient lighting in my previous Fords...

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
That looks HELLBRIGHT and kewl!

·
Registered
12' Jeep Compass
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
update..I moved the leds to under the dash where their not so bright, i think they look good there. I love the "radioactive":eek: look as you guys put it.
Ive ordered a couple more green strips that im going to put under the front seats, i also ordered a couple red, white and blue strips ill use for something, maybe tap into the Daytime running lights and use them in my grill for accents lighting.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
update..I moved the leds to under the dash where their not so bright, i think they look good there. I love the "radioactive":eek: look as you guys put it.
Ive ordered a couple more green strips that im going to put under the front seats, i also ordered a couple red, white and blue strips ill use for something, maybe tap into the Daytime running lights and use them in my grill for accents lighting.:thumbsup:

I installed the LED strip from justforjeeps.com a few years ago and it has the ability to switch between several different colors. I Love the bright green "radioactive" look and you should definitely add strips to the back.

The biggest issue is when my 6yr old daughter asks me to switch the lights to bright pink!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.