Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be receiving my 2014 SRT this month in Canada and am interested in the Chrysler Extended Warranty Added Value / Gold Plan 419 (7 years, or 70,000 mile/115,000 Km), however my dealer informs me that it will cost $5495 for a SRT.

Has anyone purchased or got a quote on a similar package?

Is there such a thing as a "group buy" from a single dealer on such plans?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I did some online searching for the Chrysler MaxCare Lifetime plan for SRTs. Some online sellers of authorized plans are quoting around $2400.US with a $100 deductible.

My dealer said when I come in and buy my SRT, they were willing to negotiate a price. I'm assuming they will try and match online quotes of the same plan.

It's going to be money in someone's pocket....

·
Registered
11' OVERLAND HEMI
558 Posts
I was 99% sure you cannot get the lifetime on SRT Jeeps. Has that changed?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I was 99% sure you cannot get the lifetime on SRT Jeeps. Has that changed?
My dealer told me that the Lifetime Maxcare is available for the SRT.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
231 Posts
You can't get it for Viper's. Dealer sold me a lifetime and then found out it was a 7yr/70k mile when it was sent to me. Got my money back though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would piss pound the hell out of it for all 70k miles! That would be a worry free great time!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee SRT
48 Posts
I don't know normally do extended warranties, but my dealership extended the 3 yr/36000 mile to 5 yr/75000 mile with a $100 deductible for less than a grand, so I figured why the hell not?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The prices for warranties in the US seem to be much lower than what we pay up here in Canada. 6k is what I remember every dealer told me roughly for the 12 and 13 warranties on the SRT.

I should be receiving my 2014 SRT this month in Canada and am interested in the Chrysler Extended Warranty Added Value / Gold Plan 419 (7 years, or 70,000 mile/115,000 Km), however my dealer informs me that it will cost $5495 for a SRT.

Has anyone purchased or got a quote on a similar package?

Is there such a thing as a "group buy" from a single dealer on such plans?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is really the difference between the added care + and Maximum care?
They both seem to cover everything. I found a side by side comparison and both had the same items checked.
The $100 deductible is per visit even if there are multiple repair items during that visit, right?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I don't know normally do extended warranties, but my dealership extended the 3 yr/36000 mile to 5 yr/75000 mile with a $100 deductible for less than a grand, so I figured why the hell not?
That's what I need to decide before the first year is up. I usually don't keep a car more than three years, but each year I drive less. But I wouldn't own a modern car with this kind of technology without a warranty.

I read that the extended warranties include a loaner. Does that start right away, or after the three year basic warranty.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well known fact, even by people in the biz who will speak freely and not company-speak, that extended warranties are a waste of money. They'll only be worth it on catastrophic failures, which from an engineering perspective are extremely low regardless of stories you hear on every car out there.

If you are a worry wart, buy it at 35,000 miles from a second party. Will be much cheaper and you've not paid thousands + interest already on it while the vehicle was already covered.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well known fact, even by people in the biz who will speak freely and not company-speak, that extended warranties are a waste of money. They'll only be worth it on catastrophic failures, which from an engineering perspective are extremely low regardless of stories you hear on every car out there.

If you are a worry wart, buy it at 35,000 miles from a second party. Will be much cheaper and you've not paid thousands + interest already on it while the vehicle was already covered.
I usually keep my cars for a long time and do all the work myself.
The Wk2 is a different story, first I'm getting too old to be crawling all over it, second, I know enough about service stations not to trust them in many ways. The new cars can run some pretty big bills for things I would never normally consider taking them to a shop.
Times change and I'm ready for somebody else to do whatever needs to be done and I'd rather have a dealer use OEM parts than the cheapest Chinese trash others use.
For example, my XJ developed serious vibration problems that were traced to O'Reilly drums that were way out of balance.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Picked up my SRT today. Got the dealer to match an online seller for the lifetime Maxcare plan. (~$2400)

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
231 Posts

I don't agree with that. It just takes your A/C to take a dump once and your out that much money. In the past I have been able to get money back when I traded in the vehicle, because I traded before the warranty was up and had not used it. You have to be very careful with second party warranties. Those companies are sold or go out of business a lot. I bought one once and ended up getting a small settlement from a class action suit against them. They are not always user friendly either.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I got the 7yr/100k just because of the fact that it is transferable. The lifetime is not. The dealer matched the online price as well...

Just a thought in case you *know* you aren't keeping the thing forever. Could be an nice selling point...

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,006 Posts
I just bought that on my 14 srt and it was like 2300 bucks with a 100 deductible. Has alot more to offer than the basic warranty.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts