Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
They only offer certain options on the Laredo. I wanted to do the same thing and ended up buying a Limited to get all the options I wanted. They are marketed that way to get you to spend more money on an upgrade.
That's quite possible in different markets but I guess in the US you get an option to build to your desired spec online. Basically we need to decide what exactly is absolutely necessary in the car based on how we would really use it on a day to day basis. For example I wanted to have BFG KO2 tires on mine since the beginning but have fought the urge at both tire changes as it only serves 5% or less of my usage in the real world.

·
Registered
Summit
62 Posts
Good luck. I regret not purchasing the 7 years warranty extension when it was still available. Right after the 100,000km mark which I ran in 4 years; my fuel pump failed. While getting it fixed the dealership claimed that fuel tank had a crack and it needs to be replaced. Got that done and after the 5 years mark I've been told Oil cooler gasket and purge hose needs replacement which is the next one scheduled. Further a rear propeller shaft has been identified as possible upcoming fat repair bill. Many of the issues are damaged rubber components but Jeep has designed in such a way that whole metal parts needs replacement for fixing a cracked rubber which makes no sense and ridiculously expensive.
I hear you, I guess we are both responding to our previous vehicle experience, yours was bad and mine was good. Only time will tell if my decision was the right one....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts