Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
'12 JGC 3.6L V6 4x4
54 Posts
So i just so happen to have the wire with both plugs from the passenger seat that goes under the floor to the body harness. I was hoping that the heated seat module plugs' wires just hook into the other plugs' wires so i removed the wire cover and.....wasn't happy what i found.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
So i just so happen to have the wire with both plugs from the passenger seat that goes under the floor to the body harness. I was hoping that the heated seat module plugs' wires just hook into the other plugs' wires so i removed the wire cover and.....wasn't happy what i found.
yeah i think putting MY 14+ seats in a MY 12 is going to be a battle..different wiring all together..

im no expert but everything changed to a module based system being run by the vehicle os..if that makes sense...thats not a place i want to visit anytime soon..lol!

·
Registered
680 Posts
so I ended up buying a pair of 2017 leather seats that were listed as Durango, not sure if that's what they were from or a GC. I have a 2011 so figured that there was no way to make any of the electronics plug-n-play so I ended up swapping all of the foam & leather covers onto my old seats. If anyone can think of anything that they may need or want from the 2017 seats please let me know because I really don't want to hold onto them due to how much space they take up. I am located in the Chicagoland/Northwest Indiana area.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
so I ended up buying a pair of 2017 leather seats that were listed as Durango, not sure if that's what they were from or a GC. I have a 2011 so figured that there was no way to make any of the electronics plug-n-play so I ended up swapping all of the foam & leather covers onto my old seats. If anyone can think of anything that they may need or want from the 2017 seats please let me know because I really don't want to hold onto them due to how much space they take up. I am located in the Chicagoland/Northwest Indiana area.
did the Durango seats have the "Vented" option?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm upgrading the seats in my 2020 Altitude. I currently have heated front seats. I found complete seats and center console. The console has the rear heated seat switch for the rear seats. Is there a way to make the rear heated seats work without replacing the whole main harness?

·
Registered
GC Limited
162 Posts
I'm upgrading the seats in my 2020 Altitude. I currently have heated front seats. I found complete seats and center console. The console has the rear heated seat switch for the rear seats. Is there a way to make the rear heated seats work without replacing the whole main harness?
You can add the missing wires. There are not that many wires needed for the rear seats. I believe it's something like temperature, heater+, and ground per side.

I'd have to look at the diagrams but it really wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can add the missing wires. There are not that many wires needed for the rear seats. I believe it's something like temperature, heater+, and ground per side.

I'd have to look at the diagrams but it really wouldn't be too bad.
Thank you that would be great. Both the new back seats have this plug.

Attachments

61 - 72 of 72 Posts