Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Any tips on what to do to add more power to 2021 3.6 v6 grand cherokee
Not much you can do short of forced induction (which will, of course, void your factory warranty) as intakes and exhausts add very little, if any, additional power.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
614 Posts
Honestly the v6 are only about 1 second slower than the Hemi’s 0 to 60, unless you’re talking about the SRT or good heavens the TrackHawk. Besides it’s still 300hp, you should have grown up when I did when Corvette's were only 185 hp. Mac

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
You could use sport mode but the gas mileage will go in the crapper if thats even a concern.
Or you could slip in a high flow filter that'll fit in the OEM air filter box then replace it with the OEM filter when taking it to the dealership for oil changes or warranty work.
Maybe even try a higher octane gas especially in hot weather as it could make a little difference keeping the ignition timing from retarding in order to prevent engine pre-ignition pinging.

Other than that not much you can do if you value the warranty.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Honestly the v6 are only about 1 second slower than the Hemi’s 0 to 60, unless you’re talking about the SRT or good heavens the TrackHawk. Besides it’s still 300hp, you should have grown up when I did when Corvette's were only 185 hp. Mac
But then Corvettes didn’t weigh 5200 lbs. :) - I remember those days as I had just gotten my license and unleaded gas and inefficient catalytic converters first appeared.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,966 Posts
Way back machine I started here with a 2011 Laredo... v6 ORA-1. 1 year later Found my SRT for only like 175/m More and Never ever looked back

·
Registered
2014 Limited
614 Posts
Several thing’s, if you purchase a Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 to drive it like you stold it you should have bought the Hemi in one form or the other. If you want to Race it add a supercharger. And if not you bought it for all the wrong reasons.
2nd I have a 2019 4 Runner TRD Off Road Premium and I can tell you my 14 Limited ‘eats it’ when it comes to acceleration and comfort. The 4 Runner is a truck plain and simple and the Jeep ain’t.
I have had many cars that I have managed to run through the traps down at Raceway Park in Englishtown N.J. and there is nothing and I mean nothing like a cammed and tuned Big Block nailing you into the seat at 125mph in 11 1/2 seconds. Mac

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Several thing’s, if you purchase a Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 to drive it like you stold it you should have bought the Hemi in one form or the other. If you want to Race it add a supercharger. And if not you bought it for all the wrong reasons.
2nd I have a 2019 4 Runner TRD Off Road Premium and I can tell you my 14 Limited ‘eats it’ when it comes to acceleration and comfort. The 4 Runner is a truck plain and simple and the Jeep ain’t.
I have had many cars that I have managed to run through the traps down at Raceway Park in Englishtown N.J. and there is nothing and I mean nothing like a cammed and tuned Big Block nailing you into the seat at 125mph in 11 1/2 seconds. Mac
No doubt about it a tricked up V8 is the way to go for lead footed gear heads.

Being more mpg than mph oriented these days my NA V6 has all the performance i'll ever need.
But then again when i get on it with my F150's Coyote V8 no contest between the two.

Reactions: MacDaddy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts