Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
@Vicegrip thanks for this info. Those plates look great and I hope your install goes well.

Lots of good pics in that other thread. Thanks for that link. I need front protection too and may swap out all my plates for those aluminum ASFIRs, they look top notch.

Please share pics when you’re done. Good luck with your install!

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Oh one more thing, I really like that these are lighter weight aluminum instead of steel. Perfect for my occasional trail use. If I was a serious rock crawler then I’d want steel.

But then again I wouldn’t be driving a WK2!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just got an email from Leonard @ ASFIR. They are getting a WK 2 diesel in to check on fitment for their skids. He suggested I wait to hear from him before ordering.

I have seen that some WK2 diesel owners have already fitted these.

I asked if they would be offering fuel tank skids too, as it seems that that may be the missing link in ASFIR’s skid plat set up.

I’m looking forward to ordering!

·
Registered
15' CRD Overland
3 Posts
@Vicegrip thanks for this info. Those plates look great and I hope your install goes well.

Lots of good pics in that other thread. Thanks for that link. I need front protection too and may swap out all my plates for those aluminum ASFIRs, they look top notch.

Please share pics when you’re done. Good luck with your install!
Install went well. Bit more complicated the first time sorting out hardware and dealing with the awkwardness. But now knowing what goes where would come on and off quick. Unfortunately forgot to take pics when installing but you can see from the other thread.

Good coverage. Heavy gauge and uses most factory mounting points. Openings for drain access. Overall happy

They provide all new hardware. I chose to use some new, some factory. Their hardware eliminates some threaded clips and replaces with nuts. Chose to keep the clips, easier to install and less to lose when removed.

Does anyone know if the rad support fastener location are riv-nuts? Didn't torque down well.

Needed to be mounted loose then tightened down once in place to get aligned right. There's a "s-bracket" near the transmission (see pic below) which may prevent you from using another brand skid for the tranny.

I'll likely be buying the balance of their kit.
PXL_20210223_002831702.jpg

·
Registered
15' CRD Overland
3 Posts
I just got an email from Leonard @ ASFIR. They are getting a WK 2 diesel in to check on fitment for their skids. He suggested I wait to hear from him before ordering.

I have seen that some WK2 diesel owners have already fitted these.

I asked if they would be offering fuel tank skids too, as it seems that that may be the missing link in ASFIR’s skid plat set up.

I’m looking forward to ordering!
Strange to hear. He confirm to me they work with diesel. If you look at the photo above, it lists "model: diesel".

Worked fine for me. No vibrations so far.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts