It's literally going to take me a week to figure out all the settings for the various sources on this thing. It's a bit overwhelming initially. I did upgrade the software to V1.6.
Some quick 1st impressions.
1. I spent some time tweaking all the sound settings. The head unit does improve the sound of the stock speakers, but only marginally. The highs seems a little crisper/less muddy. I will eventually upgrade the speakers and add an amp. I'm optimistic that's all it will need to satisfy my tastes. A stealthbox would be nice, but amped component 6x9s and rear door speakers should do the trick.
2. HD radio and anything playing direct from my iPhone sounds tremendous. Bluetooth streaming also sounds good, but the volume needs to be slightly higher than a direct digital source. Same with Pandora/Aha Radio.
3. The Garmin GPS seems awesome. Appears to be up to date, is fast and responsive, and there are a myriad of options and apps. Between this and the Kenwood audio controls, it's like running 2 separate pieces of software at the same time. Can even split screen the Garmin and audio source (or even the backup camera while moving!)
4. The camera is really nice as well. There are 4 or 5 different views you can toggle among. I had the installer mount this and the Kenwood iPod cable to the bottom tray below the climate controls. I can shut the little door and you can't even see any cables. Clean install. The separate USB cable runs to the glove box, so it's also out of the way.
5. I have not had a chance to try out any video on the unit yet. I did have the installers hook up the light green wire to the ground, so I should be able to use the video without the Jeep being in Park.
6. Overall, I'm really happy with it so far. I was most worried about the responsiveness of the touchscreen, the quality of the GPS, and the intuitiveness of the software. All fears alleviates thus far. Hoping for no gremlins!