Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked through the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for, also it's been awhile since being on here so not quite sure if I'm posting this in the right area.
Anyway I have a 2012 Overland and have wanted lights like the 14's since I first saw them. For such a long time the aftermarket looked very cheap and cheesy but I just ran into a set on eBay that look fairly decent.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263048529363
Does anyone have these lights that could tell me if they are actually any good? Also my factory lights have a feature that automatically raises or lowers the beam angle (not sure what its called or how it works) but will this still work with these aftermarkets lights?
I did contact the seller and they had no idea what i was talking about. They did just write back saying they contacted the supplier and they replied "product is automatic adjustment,is your product as well", they weren't asking a question. I think they meant to say that they are but only if my headlights have the feature also. Even though they said this I was really hoping someone could confirm it, as I don't trust they even know what they are talking about.
Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Overland
118 Posts
The feature you're talking about is "auto-leveling".

I'm a bit fuzzy on how this stuff actually works, but I get the impression that the overall functionality is not just in the headlights alone, but requires input from other sensors on the vehicle to determine the vehicle level. At least in a system that'd actually work well.

So I think that the seller is telling you is that if your vehicle already has auto-leveling headlights (which seems unlikely), then these might work with it. But by themselves, they wouldn't.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Overland does have the auto-leveling lights, just not the ones that turn left or right for curves. I mainly notice it when I first start the car at night the lights shine very far up and down and then level straight ahead. Also seen them lower when I pull up behind a car they lower so not to shine in their rear view.
Really hoping to find some one that has these lights. Can verify that they are nice headlights and have a nice bright led strip. Also hopfully verify that they do indeed have the auto-leveling feature.
Thanks

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
82 Posts
I am curious if I "retrofit" new projector housing within my current HID headlights, am I able to keep the auto leveling feature as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts