Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Grand Cherokee driver side headrest was found in the deployed condition, however this was not a deployment, the latch is still in the locked position and still retaining the steel engagement rod, the plastic substructure is broken at the two points where the rod should be, Vehicle was parked, not running, not occupied, not hit, with approximately 25,000 miles, contacted local dealer where I purchased the vehicle, was told this is not under warranty, contacted the parts counter at the same dealership, was told a new AHR- headrest would cost $700.00, and that does not include installation, I am bringing the vehicle to the dealer today to be reviewed in person.
I may need some help from FCA / Jeep, apparently there are quite a few occurrences of this happening, I have pictures of the condition as well as the PT# label found inside the HR

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
2015 Grand Cherokee driver side headrest was found in the deployed condition, however this was not a deployment, the latch is still in the locked position and still retaining the steel engagement rod, the plastic substructure is broken at the two points where the rod should be, Vehicle was parked, not running, not occupied, not hit, with approximately 25,000 miles, contacted local dealer where I purchased the vehicle, was told this is not under warranty, contacted the parts counter at the same dealership, was told a new AHR- headrest would cost $700.00, and that does not include installation, I am bringing the vehicle to the dealer today to be reviewed in person.
I may need some help from FCA / Jeep, apparently there are quite a few occurrences of this happening, I have pictures of the condition as well as the PT# label found inside the HR
Hello Jeff. We are more than happy to help and have a team that handles concerns like this.

Can you please send us a private message so we can learn more about your experience?

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Jeff. We are more than happy to help and have a team that handles concerns like this.

Can you please send us a private message so we can learn more about your experience?

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Sending second post as test to be able to send PM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - JeepCares did contact me and my Headrest was replaced at my local dealership at no cost to me, thank you Jeep garage and JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee while driving my father in his wife's Funeral Procession. I was going less than 5 miles an hour and it hit a 75 year old man with Parkinson's in the back of the head. Needless to say he had quite the headache afterwards. The dealer said no recall, not under warranty, $996.99 to replace installed. I am mortified that there is no recall!!! This is my first Jeep ever and I have loved it!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee while driving my father in his wife's Funeral Procession. I was going less than 5 miles an hour and it hit a 75 year old man with Parkinson's in the back of the head. Needless to say he had quite the headache afterwards. The dealer said no recall, not under warranty, $996.99 to replace installed. I am mortified that there is no recall!!! This is my first Jeep ever and I have loved it!
There isn't a recall but there is an extended warranty that is being released. Did you already have it fixed?

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kaitlin, no I have not had it repaired. I did call Jeep Cares and spoke to Lori. I was given case #76866457 and told someone would call me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 WK2 with the seemingly common broken headrest problem. The plastic clips in the headrest are broken and dangles from the strap on the inside of the headrest pad. It hasn’t been deployed, just the clips seemed to have become brittle and broken. Where do I find out about a replacement? Seems like @JeepCares is familiar with this issue and can offer assistance?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hello there, thank you for tagging us. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may further assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts