Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put one on their Jeep? If so was it oem or aftermarket and how do you like it? I have had them on my last four vehicles and they have saved my hood from chips and nicks from rocks etc. Thanks for any input.

· Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Thanks for the help. My Jeep is dark gray so I guess that I will go with the dark tint. I hate to block out the silver Jeep letters on the hood though.
I saw a black jeep with one a couple months ago and he had a dark bug gaurd and I could still see the letters through it. It may have been a smoked instead of tinted though, I'm not too sure.

· Registered
1,115 Posts
I have a smoked one on my red 2010. You can still see the JEEP through the front but obviously not as clear.

I am glad I put it on. I negotiated with the dealer to put it on along with a few other goodies.

· Registered
1,115 Posts
^
If you already had chrome on the front grill I would say do it, but if you don't then I think it would look awkward.
I'm going to adopt your life philosophy if you don't mind. Thanks.

· Banned
408 Posts
I saw a black jeep with one a couple months ago and he had a dark bug gaurd and I could still see the letters through it. It may have been a smoked instead of tinted though, I'm not too sure.
Smoked.. cant barely see them, you could always try to remove and place them on the deflector. I thought of doing it but I am to lazy these days.

· Registered
2014 Jeep GC Limited
216 Posts
Are the 11-13 model year mopar jeep tinted bug/air deflectors the same model as the 14's? Specifically is the 82212047AB model number for the tinted one work for the 14 model?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.