Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone..i'm new here and new to Jeep! i bought a 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited X and i was wanting to put an air intake in. I saw someone mentioned that there aren't any that fit SRT style hoods? is that still the case? i hadn't even thought about that so i'm glad i came across that post. Thanks in advance and i'm glad to join the group!

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
840 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.

I would try calling AFE. They make one for the Durango with the SRT hood, and I believe that they have one for the Grand Cherokee also. Give them a try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.

I would try calling AFE. They make one for the Durango with the SRT hood, and I believe that they have one for the Grand Cherokee also. Give them a try.
Thanks! I reached out to them on Instagram and they said they don't have anything that fit the SRT hood, which doesn't make sense cause like you said, they make one for the Durango with an SRT hood and i can't imagine it being that different? I saw a video that someone installed a K&N intake successfully but the little snorkel thing that the factory intake has goes away as K&N doesn't have that (which is why I liked the AFE). I was thinking of buying the AFE anyway on Amazon or something where it's easy to return. If it fits, great, if not, i return it.

I've owned the Grand Cherokee for 2 weeks now and wow i love it! Drives so smooth and I'm glad i decided to grow up and get an adult car lol. My only question will be, can i get ventilated seats added after the fact? I'm going to call the dealership and find out but i hope so :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks! I reached out to them on Instagram and they said they don't have anything that fit the SRT hood, which doesn't make sense cause like you said, they make one for the Durango with an SRT hood and i can't imagine it being that different? I saw a video that someone installed a K&N intake successfully but the little snorkel thing that the factory intake has goes away as K&N doesn't have that (which is why I liked the AFE). I was thinking of buying the AFE anyway on Amazon or something where it's easy to return. If it fits, great, if not, i return it.

I've owned the Grand Cherokee for 2 weeks now and wow i love it! Drives so smooth and I'm glad i decided to grow up and get an adult car lol. My only question will be, can i get ventilated seats added after the fact? I'm going to call the dealership and find out but i hope so :)
nope Can’t add them and it’s the single reason why I got an overland instead of a limited x.

·
Registered
2020 limited x
41 Posts
So about 2 years ago when I first got my limited x I was looking for a closed box that fit the srt hood. Some big names and there was this one that another limited x was using. I tried ordering it and they ended up refunding me and saying they were behind on parts. Been trying to find it all day :sleep:

Ok just checked my posts and found this

PF5023WB - Injen PF Cold Air Intake System Wrinkle Black | Injen Technology

This is for the 3.6 not sure what you have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So about 2 years ago when I first got my limited x I was looking for a closed box that fit the srt hood. Some big names and there was this one that another limited x was using. I tried ordering it and they ended up refunding me and saying they were behind on parts. Been trying to find it all day :sleep:

Ok just checked my posts and found this

PF5023WB - Injen PF Cold Air Intake System Wrinkle Black | Injen Technology

This is for the 3.6 not sure what you have.
nice thanks for sharing that. i also saw that the K&N intake works too (link below). like i mentioned earlier i like the AFE cause it had that snorkel thing so im hesitant to go with K&N and now Injen since they dont have it. not sure if not having that snorkel is completely necessary but just knowing that it doesnt have it bothers me. did you end up installing the injen? i also have the 3.6.

·
Registered
2020 limited x
41 Posts
nice thanks for sharing that. i also saw that the K&N intake works too (link below). like i mentioned earlier i like the AFE cause it had that snorkel thing so im hesitant to go with K&N and now Injen since they dont have it. not sure if not having that snorkel is completely necessary but just knowing that it doesnt have it bothers me. did you end up installing the injen? i also have the 3.6.

So I'm pretty sure that guy has a little piece to force air in like a snorkel would. I'll have to check out that video. I didn't end up getting the injen. After a few months they just refunded the money and never got around to looking again. I havnt tried again yet but I will see if they have them still

·
Registered
2017 Summit, California Edition Hemi
343 Posts
Personally those are a waste of money to me. The filters are marginal at best and they don't add any power as many dyno test have shown. There's a couple of threads on here that discuss this but it's your money waste. 😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2021 S-Limited with 5.7 Hemi (I think they are called X-Limited in the states). I'm looking at CAI options at the moment and can't seem to find anything suitable other than this K & N which will work with the SRT bonnet.

My question is, has anyone tried fitting a POD inside the standard box and leaving the lid off it? It would receive air via the factory snorkle and then air via the hood air scoops?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts