Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting, @jnmarshall. I have no issues with CarPlay. It works while we’re driving just fine. Have you checked your Uconnect version? I would try to maybe reset it or hit up the dealer.
I must be missing something, also. I can use CarPlay in motion on all my FCA vehicles with UAS, UAV, and UAX radios.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,828 Posts
wonder if you can activate carplay and android auto on alfas with this tool?

Reactions: gspfunk

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
78 Posts
I must be missing something, also. I can use CarPlay in motion on all my FCA vehicles with UAS, UAV, and UAX radios.
I have the 4c nav which I think is a UAQ? CarPlay works just try to do a keyboard entry while moving. Example, switch to the phone app and switch to the keypad to dial. It’s grayed out till I stop. Then it works. But I can pick up my phone, unlock and use the phone’s keypad. I can also unplug it and let it switch to BT and the on screen keypad also works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 4c nav which I think is a UAQ? CarPlay works just try to do a keyboard entry while moving. Example, switch to the phone app and switch to the keypad to dial. It’s grayed out till I stop. Then it works. But I can pick up my phone, unlock and use the phone’s keypad. I can also unplug it and let it switch to BT and the on screen keypad also works.
Ahh, gotcha. I never even gave a keyboard a thought, because anywhere I want to go, or anything I do while driving, I just tell Siri. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of CarPlay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ahh, gotcha. I never even gave a keyboard a thought, because anywhere I want to go, or anything I do while driving, I just tell Siri. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of CarPlay.
Siri works for most stuff but not calling into conferences for examples. When I have to enter a passcode Siri hangs up and dials the passcode as a new call. I also use Google maps over crapplemaps and Siri doesn’t play well with Google.

·
Registered
GC TH
403 Posts
From what I know, No. It's different hardware, not just software. You'll need a radio from 2018+
This is what I’ve learned, as well.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,828 Posts
my wife's alfa giulia says its "wired.for apple carplay/android auto but you must go to the dealer to have it activated. The dealer is 2 hours away and wants $500.

·
Registered
GC TH
403 Posts
my wife's alfa giulia says its "wired.for apple carplay/android auto but you must go to the dealer to have it activated. The dealer is 2 hours away and wants $500.
If that’s the case, it does seem like it is software-related instead. Have you tried emailing Alexey? He was quick to respond to me. [email protected]

·
Registered
572 Posts
Totally doable, with Alfa.

FIRST THING... UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT BCM TO GOOGLE DRIVE, OR SAVE IT TO YOUR DEVICE.

Then:

Select

Alfa Romeo

GUILIA
BODY COMPUTER
Delfi/Marelli

Screenshot_20200630-181949_AlfaOBD.jpg

Connect to the BCM

Click the hood open icon, lower right.

Screenshot_20200630-182350_AlfaOBD.jpg

Select

CAR CONFIGURATION CHANGE

From the very bottom of that drop down menu.

Screenshot_20200630-181936_AlfaOBD.jpg

Click

SELECT OPTION

Screenshot_20200630-182659_AlfaOBD.jpg

Scroll to the very bottom.

Select

ANDRIOD AUTO

Select

ENABLE

Screenshot_20200630-182858_AlfaOBD.jpg

Select

APPLE CAR PLAY

Select

ENABLE

Screenshot_20200630-183003_AlfaOBD.jpg

Back out of he program.

Should be good to go.

Bob

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,828 Posts
thanks Bob. Do i.need a bypass module?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Totally doable, with Alfa.

FIRST THING... UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT BCM TO GOOGLE DRIVE, OR SAVE IT TO YOUR DEVICE.

Then:

Select

Alfa Romeo

GUILIA
BODY COMPUTER
Delfi/Marelli

View attachment 225329

Connect to the BCM

Click the hood open icon, lower right.

View attachment 225330

Select

CAR CONFIGURATION CHANGE

From the very bottom of that drop down menu.

View attachment 225331

Click

SELECT OPTION

View attachment 225332

Scroll to the very bottom.

Select

ANDRIOD AUTO

Select

ENABLE

View attachment 225333

Select

APPLE CAR PLAY

Select

ENABLE

View attachment 225334

Back out of he program.

Should be good to go.

Bob
If this were to work, the last step would be to perform a proxi alignment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If this were to work, the last step would be to perform a proxi alignment.
Just to add to my post- when using AlfaOBD on vehicles with this type of canbus architecture that need proxi alignments (alfas, Cherokees, dart, promaster, etc), it’s important that you use the MX interface and not some cheap elm327. You don’t want to risk an interface timeout while running the procsi, otherwise you’ll be doing battery disconnects, and running the procedure multiple times to get all the ECU’s aligned.

·
Registered
GC TH
403 Posts
Jimmy & Diboblo, good work! You guys are awesome.

Reactions: Diboblo

·
Registered
78 Posts
It’s not used for GCs and Rams. It’s for other FCA vehicles that use different canbus platform.
Ah, as this is the current gen Grand forum, I thought this was relevant. Guess this whole conversation about enabling carplay and auto on Grands by faking the software to think it was talking to a Romeo was cross posted. That will certainly confuse other newbs searching as it did me.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts