Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone have issues changing numeric values using the Windows version? There is no drop-down, but you must enter a value. WiTech is hinting I need to change ECU Configuration 4 from 1.000 to either 2 or 3. When I try to enter this in AlfaOBD, the log shows its trying to write -2147483648

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great job! Did you do the lift yourself or did someone do it for you? How many hours did they charge you if they installed it, and was the kit complete or did you/they have to fabricate any mouts or brackets or anything of the sort?

I came so close to buying that Kit but decided to keep my air suspension in the GC Trailhawk and lift it with alfaobd. If it dies though, its getting that kit installed.
Most importantly - hows the ride? I cant stand how the air suspension bottoms-out when in OR1 and especially OR2, i cant even go over speed bumps without banging so lous it sounds like the suspension just fell off..
Sorry, hadn't noticed the question on here.
Paid a local shop to do it, they actually ordered all the parts for me as well. Took forever to get everything due to supply issues at Rocky Road, but it's all in. The shop said the upper control arm install was the worst they've ever done, just not much room on the WK2 to work on the upper arms apparently. The ride is great, with the same wheels/tires, I think it might actually ride slightly better on road, and is definitely better off road. Handling wise, you can tell it's taller, but it's perfectly acceptable. I'm really happy with it, and just swapped wheels and tires to go 275/55R20 LT tires, which made a more noticeable difference in ride/handling than the Rocky Road lift kit.

If you get loud clunking/scrunching sound from the front going over bumps, then at least one of your upper control arm bushings is shot. I had that all the time, but it's completely gone after the Rocky Road upper arms, and it actually feels a little "tighter".
Pic with the new wheels/tires and the lift:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2014 GC Overland Diesel 4x4
378 Posts
Sorry, hadn't noticed the question on here.
Paid a local shop to do it, they actually ordered all the parts for me as well. Took forever to get everything due to supply issues at Rocky Road, but it's all in. The shop said the upper control arm install was the worst they've ever done, just not much room on the WK2 to work on the upper arms apparently. The ride is great, with the same wheels/tires, I think it might actually ride slightly better on road, and is definitely better off road. Handling wise, you can tell it's taller, but it's perfectly acceptable. I'm really happy with it, and just swapped wheels and tires to go 275/55R20 LT tires, which made a more noticeable difference in ride/handling than the Rocky Road lift kit.

If you get loud clunking/scrunching sound from the front going over bumps, then at least one of your upper control arm bushings is shot. I had that all the time, but it's completely gone after the Rocky Road upper arms, and it actually feels a little "tighter".
Pic with the new wheels/tires and the lift:
View attachment 240063
Looks great! Is that an overland w/ QL? I have been thinking about RRO’s UCAs for mine, but wasn’t sure they would fit with QL.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
68 Posts
Never mind, fixed the problem after searching through this thread a little more by doing ABS Initialization:
Static ECU Initialization,
Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration,
Clearing Rolls Information,
Followed by clearing the Fault Codes.
All good now. And just because, here's a pic with the lift kit installed:
How does it ride off-road compared to the air suspension?

-Edit: Nevermind, not sure how I missed the response from someone's question earlier.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
390 Posts
I'm hoping someone can point out the options in AlfaOBD. A while ago, using AppcarDiagFCA I ran the "script" that converts the right rear turn signals from the brake lights to the outer reverse lights. I don't use that app any more. However, eventually I might need to revert the feature back to stock (brake lights). I looked through a saved log in AlfaOBD and it wasn't readily apparent to me...although I do recall reading somewhere in Jeep Garage that people did the same thing with AlfaOBD. Can someone point me to what options I change to revert this feature back...sometime referred to as the Euro turn signal mod. Thanks in advance.

Also...I read somewhere that when using the USB ports in the center console, are both enabled for data transfer and charging or just one? I can't remember where I read it but someone may have alleged that only one is capable of data transfer (i.e. software updates and Apple Car Play and Android Auto). Someone said you may need to do something in AlfaOBD to enable the other port. Is this true and, if so, what setting is that.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
2,294 Posts
Concerning the USB ports - if you have a factory installed two USB port media hub they should both be enabled for data transfer from the factory. If you have swapped out the USB/SD card media hub for the dual USB hub then you need to edit the BCM to enable data on the second port.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
390 Posts
Concerning the USB ports - if you have a factory installed two USB port media hub they should both be enabled for data transfer from the factory. If you have swapped out the USB/SD card media hub for the dual USB hub then you need to edit the BCM to enable data on the second port.
Thanks...makes sense...Mine came standard with the 2-USB port hub.

·
Registered
2017 Summit, California Edition Hemi
345 Posts
I'm hoping someone can point out the options in AlfaOBD. A while ago, using AppcarDiagFCA I ran the "script" that converts the right rear turn signals from the brake lights to the outer reverse lights. I don't use that app any more. However, eventually I might need to revert the feature back to stock (brake lights). I looked through a saved log in AlfaOBD and it wasn't readily apparent to me...although I do recall reading somewhere in Jeep Garage that people did the same thing with AlfaOBD. Can someone point me to what options I change to revert this feature back...sometime referred to as the Euro turn signal mod. Thanks in advance.

Also...I read somewhere that when using the USB ports in the center console, are both enabled for data transfer and charging or just one? I can't remember where I read it but someone may have alleged that only one is capable of data transfer (i.e. software updates and Apple Car Play and Android Auto). Someone said you may need to do something in AlfaOBD to enable the other port. Is this true and, if so, what setting is that.
The thread you want for the turn signals is here. Taillights conversion to EU style and LEDs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone know if a P0456 Evap System Small Leak fault can be cleared with AlphaOBD? When I am running the diagnostics through MX+ OBDLink I get the error code and it shows as permanent however when I scan with AlphaOBD I don't even see the code. I looked under Body Computer, Engine and gearbox

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
843 Posts
Anyone know if a P0456 Evap System Small Leak fault can be cleared with AlphaOBD? When I am running the diagnostics through MX+ OBDLink I get the error code and it shows as permanent however when I scan with AlphaOBD I don't even see the code. I looked under Body Computer, Engine and gearbox
P0456 is stored in the ECM, unless you have an Unlocked PCM (2015 and newer), you won't be able the clear the codes.
2018 and newer will also require a SGM bypass.

·
Registered
2014 5.7 Limited ORA2
393 Posts
P0456 is stored in the ECM, unless you have an Unlocked PCM (2015 and newer), you won't be able the clear the codes.
2018 and newer will also require a SGM bypass.
You can clear CEL's on PCM locked vehicles, did it on my 2016 Cherokee KL no problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

i have just purchased a 2019 Cherokee KL Trailhawk. I have imported it from the US to Europe and want to do two things:
  • code rear turn signals to only orange
  • code/change miles to kilometers
  • code/change the language in uconnect 4 8,4" to polish

Can You please help me or give some instructions? I am new to Jeeps. I have expreience in coding BMW but never did a Jeep.

Thanks!

461 - 480 of 487 Posts