Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
843 Posts
Hello,

i have just purchased a 2019 Cherokee KL Trailhawk. I have imported it from the US to Europe and want to do two things:
  • code rear turn signals to only orange
  • code/change miles to kilometers
  • code/change the language in uconnect 4 8,4" to polish

Can You please help me or give some instructions? I am new to Jeeps. I have expreience in coding BMW but never did a Jeep.

Thanks!
I have not performed any of these, but I believe that I can get you in the right direction.

• code rear turn signals to only orange = Open AlfaOBD. Select: Jeep>CHEROKEE (KL)>BODY COMPUTER>Body Computer Delphi. Select: Connect. Select: the red car with the hood up. all the way near the bottom Select: Car configuration change. Go to Select option. about 3/4 of the way down the list select Separate Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout. (change the value). Perform a Proxy Alignment. change the turn signals bulb to orange.
  • code/change miles to kilometers = I'm not sure.
  • code/change the language in uconnect 4 8,4" to polish = Open AlfaOBD. Select: Jeep>CHEROKEE (KL)>BODY COMPUTER>Body Computer Delphi. Select: Connect. Select: the red car with the hood up. all the way near the bottom Select: Change Country Code. Select: POLAND
I am hoping that somebody else will chime in if I am incorrect.

Just remember to perform a Proxy Alignment after each modification.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not performed any of these, but I believe that I can get you in the right direction.

• code rear turn signals to only orange = Open AlfaOBD. Select: Jeep>CHEROKEE (KL)>BODY COMPUTER>Body Computer Delphi. Select: Connect. Select: the red car with the hood up. all the way near the bottom Select: Car configuration change. Go to Select option. about 3/4 of the way down the list select Separate Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout. (change the value). Perform a Proxy Alignment. change the turn signals bulb to orange.
  • code/change miles to kilometers = I'm not sure.
  • code/change the language in uconnect 4 8,4" to polish = Open AlfaOBD. Select: Jeep>CHEROKEE (KL)>BODY COMPUTER>Body Computer Delphi. Select: Connect. Select: the red car with the hood up. all the way near the bottom Select: Change Country Code. Select: POLAND
I am hoping that somebody else will chime in if I am incorrect.

Just remember to perform a Proxy Alignment after each modification.
Hi,

thanks for fast reply. One question: what is a proxy alignment? :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi,

thanks for fast reply. One question: what is a proxy alignment? :)
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum

In short, All of the vehicle’s computers and modules know what each other have and what they do. They all get along and work well together.

If you make a modification (change a setting) to one of the modules, the other modules won’t understand why it wants to do something differently. You will get error code and sometimes they just won’t work together at all.

A Proxy Alignment tells the computers and modules of the modifications so that they work together properly.

Open AlfaOBD. Select: Jeep>CHEROKEE (KL)>BODY COMPUTER>Body Computer Delphi. Select: Connect. Select: the red car with the hood up. all the way near the bottom Select: PROXY alignment.

After you perform a Proxy Alignment, go back a clear any codes that you might have.

ALSO!!! You have a 2018 and newer Jeep, you will have to bypass the Security Gateway Module (SGM). You can do this with a 12+8 Cable or a 2018+ FCA Security Gateway Module Bypass.

You are also going to need an interface so that your phone, with AlfaOBD on it can talk to the Jeep. I use the OBDLink MX+

You will not be able to make any changes to any of the computers or modules without bypassing the SGM.

Be careful when making modifications to the vehicles modules or computers. You can render the Jeep inoperable.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
314 Posts
Hello,

i have just purchased a 2019 Cherokee KL Trailhawk. I have imported it from the US to Europe and want to do two things:
  • code rear turn signals to only orange
  • code/change miles to kilometers
  • code/change the language in uconnect 4 8,4" to polish

Can You please help me or give some instructions? I am new to Jeeps. I have expreience in coding BMW but never did a Jeep.

Thanks!

You don't need AlphaOBD for the others:
  • change to KM is easy, you don't need AlphaOBD, you just going into the settings page on the Uconnect and go through the menus until you see something called Units
  • not sure if there is support for Polish, but check the Unconnect setting page under languages. If anything you will have to replace the head unit with one for your geographical area.

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all
I have problem with tire pressure threshold in 2015 chrysler 200.
But in 200 forum no any answer about this
I tried change tire pressure to 28psi and it work
Then 2 days when i tried to set at 32psi, alfa goes wrong , fault:

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee recently installed with 8.4” UAM Uconnect apple carplay radio took from a Dodge Durango. Also I installed a Media hub from 2018 Grand Cherokee. Everything works well with new radio expect Apple car play and android Auto. I have a fault code says Radio configuration not programme. Please advice if chance to edit the BCM configuration and Radio configuration to have the Apple Carplay works on my 2015 grand Cherokee using AlfaObd. Thanks in advance.

481 - 487 of 487 Posts