Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you. Got it to work for down evidently it only works for rolling then down and not back up which is a shame because that’s more important to me than rolling them down. When you get out and forgot to close them. As for the Ram my 2020 is the factory OEM air suspension but would like to lower when exiting the truck. Jeep does it if you an able settings in radio option Better when your short like the wife and I. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thank you. Got it to work for down evidently it only works for rolling then down and not back up which is a shame because that’s more important to me than rolling them down. When you get out and forgot to close them. As for the Ram my 2020 is the factory OEM air suspension but would like to lower when exiting the truck. Jeep does it if you an able settings in radio option Better when your short like the wife and I. Thanks for your help.
Glad to hear you got GLOBAL WINDOWS: DOWN working. Using a Tazer, from ZAutomotive, will enable Global Windows: UP.

Lowering at exit is part of the CONVENIENCE package and is called EASY EXIT. I haven't fiddled with that, as my Jeep has it, already. I am interested to see if ti ou can enable this, on your truck. Keep is posted. The RAM forum I linked to may have info on this.

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
My bypass cable will be here Saturday. Once I get it I’ll keep you posted. My Jeep GC has it not want it on the Ram

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
188 Posts
Hey everyone. I didn't read the entire thread yet, but was wondering are you able to enable power folding mirrors with this? Otherwise my only option will be the OBD Genie or going to stealership to have them put the code in. I'm looking to add power fold mirrors and getting everything together.

Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's a simple question, to a more complicated scenario.

Yes... you can enable power fold.

If it doesnt work, you need:

Power folding mirrors (which may require additional permissions, like whatever those mirrors are loaded with (i.e. heat, dim, fold)).

Correct door modules, for power fold.

Correct driver door window switch.

MAYBE some wire changes, in the door, depending on how optioned your vehicle is.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
188 Posts
That's a simple question, to a more complicated scenario.

Yes... you can enable power fold.

If it doesnt work, you need:

Power folding mirrors (which may require additional permissions, like whatever those mirrors are loaded with (i.e. heat, dim, fold)).

Correct door modules, for power fold.

MAYBE some wire changes, in the door, depending on how optioned your vehicle is.
Yeah I've got all the part # I need. Just didn't want to spend $200 for the OBD Genie if AlphaOBD has it. Hoping to do it soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah I've got all the part # I need. Just didn't want to spend $200 for the OBD Genie if AlphaOBD has it. Hoping to do it soon. Thanks.
Sweet!

You're better off with Alfa, anyway.

There are tons of sales codes you can enable.

Alfa is $50, for android and windows, only.

OBD Link MX is $50-$70, depending on where you get it.

Don't skimp on the OBD adapter. Some ELM327 adapters work, but not for all modules.

Bob

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
188 Posts
Sweet!

You're better off with Alfa, anyway.

There are tons of sales codes you can enable.

Alfa is $50, for android and windows, only.

OBD Link MX is $50-$70, depending on where you get it.

Don't skimp on the OBD adapter. Some ELM327 adapters work, but not for all modules.

Bob
Thanks. Yeah I have the AlphaOBD from when I had my RAM. I just got the GC so not sure what options it has. I'll be reading through this thread to see what I want to change. Lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I have the AlphaOBD from when I had my RAM. I just got the GC so not sure what options it has. I'll be reading through this thread to see what I want to change. Lol
Do a BCM read and upload to GD.

That should give you a very clear idea of how your GC is optioned :)

Use Note++ to view the file... but you prolly already know that...

Bob

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
188 Posts
GD? And nope lol. Never did any of that with the RAM. I just turned on all lights on when high beams and forget what else. It's been a couple of years.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
229 Posts
Hello...is there a simple way to download a simple configuration report in AlfaOBD so I know what the default settings are prior to making changes? I know you can quickly do it in Appcar DiagFCA. I didn't see it when playing around with AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hello...is there a simple way to download a simple configuration report in AlfaOBD so I know what the default settings are prior to making changes? I know you can quickly do it in Appcar DiagFCA. I didn't see it when playing around with AlfaOBD.
When you connect to the BCM, click on the battery icon, at the bottom of the screen. This will force a BCM read.

20200514_070753.jpg

Then click the tools button, at the top right.

20200514_070937.jpg

Then click UPLOAD TO GOOGLE DRIVE

On your computer, download NOTE++ and install the comparison plugin.

You should be able to read the BCM details. If you do a BCM read, AFTER each change, you can compare them to your native settings.

Bob

20200514_070953.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Limited
229 Posts
Thanks much...I was able to get the information I needed. I confirmed that the TPMS is set to 36 psi (20" wheels with 265/50 R20 tires). I have 275/55 R20 with a 44 psi max rating but tire calculations indicate I need to run at lower than stock psi. I'll try it but it looks like AlfaOBD will let me set a lower tire pressure...presumably adjusting TPMS so I don't get a low pressure light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You need to turn off the us/metric option and then turn on however many units you want to show ie pressure, speed etc. I'm not connected to the car so can't check properly bit if you need more info let me know and I'll post more later.
Hi

I checked AlfaOBD, but cannot find that setting?? Also, I think AlfaOBD has updated to 2.1.8.0

Thanks!!

Eddie

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks much...I was able to get the information I needed. I confirmed that the TPMS is set to 36 psi (20" wheels with 265/50 R20 tires). I have 275/55 R20 with a 44 psi max rating but tire calculations indicate I need to run at lower than stock psi. I'll try it but it looks like AlfaOBD will let me set a lower tire pressure...presumably adjusting TPMS so I don't get a low pressure light.
Two questions... why would you go with an oversize tire (~5% taller) which throws out your speedometer and odometer by that percentage? ...and where did you hear that you should lower the tire pressure? That tire should be able to use the standard 36 psi and still provide a slighter softer ride because of the taller sidewalls.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
188 Posts
You'll be fine running the OEM tire PSI with your tires. Never run a tire at Max rating. If you're not sure about PSI, then look up the chalk test for best results.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
188 Posts
Two questions... why would you go with an oversize tire (~5% taller) which throws out your speedometer and odometer by that percentage? ...and where did you hear that you should lower the tire pressure? That tire should be able to use the standard 36 psi and still provide a slighter softer ride because of the taller sidewalls.
Many people upsize their tires to fill the wheel well gap, especially if they level/lift. Nothing new.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

Bought the Autel Security Gateway Bypass cable, for $20, on eBay. Part Number: AUTEL-CHRYS-12-8

Today, I had the chance to plug it in, under the glove box, and using AlfaOBD I added the following:

GLOBAL WINDOWS DOWN (works on front windows, only)

FRONT FOG LIGHT DROPOUT: NO (keeps fogs on, with high beams)

DRL DROPOUT: NO (keeps DRL's on, with turn signals)

If you're looking for a quality bypass cable, for a decent price... go with the Autel.

This jeep is crazy loaded, but I'll be looking for other ways to use Alfa to tweak it :)

Bob
Bob and how do activate the windows roll down?. Pressing the remote?(which part and how many times)

161 - 180 of 195 Posts