Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
So last month I did another tour with New Mexico Backroads (NMBR) that ended at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff, AZ. The Ko2 265/65R18 did great! I traveled ~3,100 miles on this Overlanding trip... The KO2's are now my favorite tires for my Overlanding adventures...

Here is a quick video of me doing Big Bend's Black Gap road with them on my way back from the Overland Expo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfjsjaRNSc

I also did Schnebly Hill Road on my way back from the Overland Expo... That's a whole other post! LOL!

Also I did not have any wheel well clearance issues with that tire size (265/65R18) on OEM 18" rims...

There are also links in the Video's description area that points to a review of the tires at NMBR.

Anyway I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2014 JGC Summit
457 Posts
I've had Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires in the stock size on my Summit for almost 40k miles. Daily drive is 50 miles, mostly highway. No issues and I like having the peace of mind in the snow and any sort of mild offroading.

Now that Toyo makes the Open Country AT2 in the stock size, I'll probably get those next time. I had them on my WJ and they were great tires.
20170109_123914.jpg
IMG_20131022_111706670.jpg

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've had Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires in the stock size on my Summit for almost 40k miles. Daily drive is 50 miles, mostly highway. No issues and I like having the peace of mind in the snow and any sort of mild offroading.

Now that Toyo makes the Open Country AT2 in the stock size, I'll probably get those next time. I had them on my WJ and they were great tires.
I've been lurking these tires threads for the past year. Just waiting to put around 15000 miles on these stock tires before I buy some AT's. From most of the reviews I've read the Coopers maybe better than the Toyos. One of the major Toyo complaints are they get really noisy when they start to wear! Also they may not perform as well in the snow. The Coopers beat out a bunch of major brands. (there's a Youtube video somewhere) Falken just came out with a tire in the stock size (Wildpeak Trail) but not many reviews yet!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts