Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I purchased new rims for use with summer tires on my 2015 GC Summit 5.7 (I'll use stock wheels only with winter tires). Those rims are American Racing AR893, they were stated to be 100% compatible with my car on AR's website. Here are the specs:

I haven't mounted them yet because I encounter some problems for balance it.

I'm also worried about the offset of the wheels. I didn't notice it when I ordered the wheels, because they were stated to be 100% compatible with my car, but the offset is 35 and my car offset is 56.4. Is there any problem with this?

I've read some posts about offset, and a lower offset result that wheels will be more "outside" of the car and can then damage bearings or suspension. Any risk in my case?

Thanks for your answer.

·
Registered
GC TH
408 Posts
It will push your wheels out more. This CAN cause premature wear on certain parts, but there are a LOT of people doing it. For more info, check the tires & wheels section in the WK2 area. Lots of vehicle-specific posts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So finally we did install the new wheels today.

I don't see the wheels much more out, so the offset seems to be OK on my car.

We couldn't put adhesives weights on the outer side of the wheels, because of the design of the rim, so we used the setting for balance by the inner side only.

Is it ok to balance wheels only by inner side of the wheels, with adhesive weights only in the inside of the wheel?

I didn't drove that much yet but seems fine... Dunno if I may have problems later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts