Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Laredo
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing how many people put their subwoofer amplifiers in the rear cargo area under the tray i finally moved mine there to conceal the wiring etc and to make it easier to remove the sub box should it be necessary.

But i was wondering, has anyone had issues with the amp over heating?

I have 1 Kicker CVR 12 and a Kicker mono 750 Watt amp.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
After seeing how many people put their subwoofer amplifiers in the rear cargo area under the tray i finally moved mine there to conceal the wiring etc and to make it easier to remove the sub box should it be necessary.

But i was wondering, has anyone had issues with the amp over heating?

I have 1 Kicker CVR 12 and a Kicker mono 750 Watt amp.
No heating problems here. I have roughly 1,000 watts on tap, she's usually running full tilt ( :D ) - never had a single issue. Mobile electronics are built to handle high heat conditions; you'll be okay.

Those 750's are powerhouses man! They bench somewhere in the 900's :eek:

What enclosure do you have the 12 in?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a great amp, I used to have 2 CVR 12's but wanted more cargo room but it handeled them fine.

The box is a sealed box i bought from the local audio shop, I forget what brand it is, it was about $80.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Yeah, a pair of 12's certainly takes away a lot of cargo space.
Yes it does, But now that i moved the amp under the cargo lid, if i need more room i can either push the whole box forward on the seat folded (enough length of wire now) or remove it in seconds completely.

Such a good idea to move the amp. Thanks guys.

I also put 3.5" infinity Kappa series dash speakers in and plan to get matching 6.5" door speakers for the rear doors, then change out the front door 6x9 Bass speakers. (if i could figure out how to wire it so music comes out now)

But i plan to keep the stock 6 disc cd changer, i like the convenience and i already have my i pod integrated. No need to change it IMHO.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
I also put 3.5" infinity Kappa series dash speakers in and plan to get matching 6.5" door speakers for the rear doors, then change out the front door 6x9 Bass speakers. (if i could figure out how to wire it so music comes out now)
You'll need an aftermarket amplifier to get a full range signal to the front door speakers. The factory amplifier use a crossover (filter) network.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll need an aftermarket amplifier to get a full range signal to the front door speakers. The factory amplifier use a crossover (filter) network.
Thats what i was afraid of. But when the time comes for me to replace all the speakers i will just do a new amp all at once.

·
Registered
05 WK Laredo
1,928 Posts
That cargo area is handy to store crap in. I like how they have them on the 05's and up, changed from before. In my 94 i had to mount the amps under the rear seat which was tight. I ended up having to do a false floor in this one because i couldnt squeeze both of my amps in the stock cargo area.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
05 WK Laredo
1,928 Posts
I have no idea why my pix arent posting. Im doing the same thing as on the "other" site, cutting n pasting from my photobucket. what gives?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you using the IMG selection on PB? Highlight and copy and paste? That works for me on here every time.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some times PB Sucks like that.

That floor looks nice, deff did not notice it was not factory at first.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
WOWOW great job on the false floor!!!

·
Registered
05 WK Laredo
1,928 Posts
Thanks, it was actually very simple to do. Cost about $40 in materials, basic power tools, and about 2 hours time altogether.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
very slick work!!!!

·
Registered
05 WK Laredo
1,928 Posts
My stereo project is def taking along time to complete. I have to redo the power wire now to run straight back on the drivers side. I have it from the battery running over to the passenger side thru a factory unused grommet, but im about 3 feet short by my calculations. Im trying to install 2 amps useing all 4 gauge. I only have a 20 foot length and another 6 foot length of it and i dont feel like buying more cuz its so dam expensive.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a few feet of used i can ship ya if you want it. Prolly 8 ft plus, should be 4 or 0 ga.

·
Registered
05 WK Laredo
1,928 Posts
I have a few feet of used i can ship ya if you want it. Prolly 8 ft plus, should be 4 or 0 ga.

Awesome, thanks. But I just ran it again and I have enough to spare now. I think just by running it over to the other side I lost about 5 feet of it. Now its straight down the drivers side.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.