Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys had a brake booster issue (fixed under maxcare), now just a few weeks later a strut went out and my ac compressor has a leak. I realize the struts are wear and tear. But maxcare is saying the ac condenser is not covered yet when I called the guy named about 20 parts in reference to the ac condenser unit that are covered. When I provided the maxcare rep the part number he said it’s not covered. Are you kidding me? I have spent 2800 dollars on the warranty and while I can understand a strut but the ac condenser isn’t covered?
I need help to try and figure this out something just doesn’t seem right. The estimate is 1,000.00 to get it fixed.
Facts about jeep
2015 limited
46,000 miles
Please help!!

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
Hey guys had a brake booster issue (fixed under maxcare), now just a few weeks later a strut went out and my ac compressor has a leak. I realize the struts are wear and tear. But maxcare is saying the ac condenser is not covered yet when I called the guy named about 20 parts in reference to the ac condenser unit that are covered. When I provided the maxcare rep the part number he said it’s not covered. Are you kidding me? I have spent 2800 dollars on the warranty and while I can understand a strut but the ac condenser isn’t covered?
I need help to try and figure this out something just doesn’t seem right. The estimate is 1,000.00 to get it fixed.
Facts about jeep
2015 limited
46,000 miles
Please help!!
something isn't right....look at your plan document...on pages 2-3 my MVP MaxCare Plan says:

COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):

AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING: Factory or Manufacturer-authorized air conditioning installations only. Air Conditioning Compressor; Clutch; Coil; Condenser; Front Evaporator; Rear Evaporator; Receiver-Drier; Expansion Valve; Hoses and Lines; Low Pressure Cut-off Switch; High Pressure Cut-off Switch; Clutch Cycling Switch; Front Instrument Panel Control Assembly; Rear Instrument Panel Control Assembly; Power Module; Blend Air Door Actuators and Motors; Housing; Front and Rear Air Conditioning/Heater Blower Motor; Blower Motor Resistor; Heater Core; Seals and Gaskets.

FRONT SUSPENSION: Shocks; Shock Mounts; Struts; Strut Mounts, Bushings and Bearings; Upper and Lower Control Arms; Control Arm Bushings; Thrust Arms; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Coil Springs; Torsion Bars; Air Suspension System; Front Wheel Bearings.FRONT SUSPENSION: Shocks; Shock Mounts; Struts; Strut Mounts, Bushings and Bearings; Upper and Lower Control Arms; Control Arm Bushings; Thrust Arms; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Coil Springs; Torsion Bars; Air Suspension System; Front Wheel Bearings.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Both are covered. The contract states struts and ac condenser. If they are matching up part #'s to coverage then a list of said part #'s has to be provided with our contracts. They are scamming you big time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANk you very much all working with mopar rep. The dealership is a new one to Chrysler, so where working it all out. I’ll keep you all informed, once again jeep rage hasn’t helped big time!

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,627 Posts
Like GoPLZGo Said

Getting scammed go to a new Dealer.

If the compressor is bad they typically want to replace most the A/C system btw. Which maxcare covers.

And Maxcare replaces Struts even if you have 100k on it..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THAnk you everyone after talking with mopar, the dealer was putting something wrong in the computer. They are new to jeep and just recently took them on and expanding. They have done right by me on another repair so I’m gonna chalk it up to that. Thanks to JG I didn’t pay so I thank everyone for answering my post. I have now fully read the contract, thanks again y’all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts