Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
have an annoying sound that comes from above back right passenger seat it’s like creaking sound
Before that there was a loose screw bouncing on the headliner
I want to take my Jeep to the dealer but I’m afraid they will remove the entire headliner to fix it

Is there an easy fix for this sound ?

By the way my Jeep is 17 Limited

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
If you have a panoramic sun roof it could be that. Happened frequently on older models.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same thing going on with mine, except on the opposite side. The dealer tightened up some bolts in the rear driver's side corner of the panoramic sunroof and that has stopped the creaking noises for now at least anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same thing going on with mine, except on the opposite side. The dealer tightened up some bolts in the rear driver's side corner of the panoramic sunroof and that has stopped the creaking noises for now at least anyway.

Can you tell me please when exactly you here the noise, mine when in low speed and the body is flexing

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you tell me please when exactly you here the noise, mine when in low speed and the body is flexing
Mine was literally any time I hit even a small bump while driving. I could also replicate it any time I closed one of the car doors. It was very annoying to say the least.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
I have a panoramic sun roof but if I open it or close it the sound is still there
That sounds about right, because it's a loose frame. As LanceTX said, tightening the mounting bolts will quiet it. I believe you might have to open up the headliner a bit to get to the bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds about right, because it's a loose frame. As LanceTX said, tightening the mounting bolts will quiet it. I believe you might have to open up the headliner a bit to get to the bolts.

Thanks for your reply ,

Which bolts ? And how can I reach it?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Reactions: Oz Overland

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0 Diesel
2 Posts
Hey guys, only new to the Jeep family but had the same annoying noise from inside headlining on right hand rear side when driving on rough roads. Once I found where the noise was coming from (I initially thought it was coming from the front door/dash area, then narrowed it down to rear and thought it was the door and after reading forums was thinking it was sunroof related but ended up being headliner near grab handle) I found I could replicate it by lightly tapping on headliner near grab handle. So, I removed the grab handle today and found what I think is a trim hanger loose (metal clip on a cloth/material strip). The metal fastener hitting the roof frame was the source of the rattle. I have re-inserted this into the body and rattle gone. Thought I would share as a potentially relatively easy fix to rattle problem.
147769475_223554845958027_3302300474371349738_n.jpg 148412282_248351046743967_2534638110666736944_n.jpg 147987149_180220773439580_4930833290255051157_n.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts