Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cheroker Overland ATG ORAII
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fortunately, ours was built on Valentine's Day 2014.......love is in the air ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The reflash enables the PCM to use the camshaft sensor signal in the event that the tone ring material delaminates and the Crankshaft position sensor no longer has signal.

This is just a bandaid until the physical parts can be upgraded

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes it's a diesel and I didn't see that campaign listed for my vin. Can someone else check and see if they see it on their owner's page?

·
Registered
644 Posts
The owners page said our Jeep may need a recall, but it shows all recalls complete. Ours was delivered in December 2013 and mostly assembled in September when there was a delay on the DEF systems so it sat in a parking lot for several weeks while we anxiously waited for updates. :)

·
Registered
WK2 EcoDiesel 2016
148 Posts
Ok, I leased my 2016 ecodiesel and ended up keeping it and have been financing it since March 2020. I have an appointment to get my AC repaired by my cousin's mechanic shop, I have GEICO mechanical insurance which will cover anything above $250.

The car, knock on wood, has never broke on me, I did love the car, but these recalls are annoying. I JUST had the newest AEM update done. Will FCA do a buyback? I know you have to show proof of repairs costing a certain amount, but what if I am just sick and tired of this? I know people will say "oh just sell it". No one wants it! I don't even care if I get any cash for the car, just want someone to buy out my loan on it and call it a day.

Ok, rant over :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
June 2014 builds onward.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok, I leased my 2016 ecodiesel and ended up keeping it and have been financing it since March 2020. I have an appointment to get my AC repaired by my cousin's mechanic shop, I have GEICO mechanical insurance which will cover anything above $250.

The car, knock on wood, has never broke on me, I did love the car, but these recalls are annoying. I JUST had the newest AEM update done. Will FCA do a buyback? I know you have to show proof of repairs costing a certain amount, but what if I am just sick and tired of this? I know people will say "oh just sell it". No one wants it! I don't even care if I get any cash for the car, just want someone to buy out my loan on it and call it a day.

trade it in at a dealership or EchoPark. It will be pretty difficult to find a private party to buy it. The word is out, these Ecodiesel's are more trouble than they are worth.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Here's a price for you....

Via phone and photo's, I was recently offered between 13500 and 15000 trade-in value for my 65k loaded, immaculate and anally maintained 2014 JGC Overland. This by the dealer I ordered it through.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Unless you NEED to get rid of it... its better to keep it if all is good with it, especially thru the AEM warranty period. That warranty breathed new life into wanting to keep it around. I may keep mine as a 3rd vehicle if a new one shows up in the next year or so...

·
Registered
644 Posts
The warranty is nice and all, but it's not fun being stranded in the middle of nowhere or on a very cold winter day if something does break.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We aim on keeping ours for another 2, hopefully 3, years.
Our extended warranty runs out in Feb 2022 and the AEM in 2023.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
157 Posts
Interesting that the 2018's are not part of the recall - wonder if they "fixed" the problem or just applied the patch when built. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If you were pre June 2014 builds, are they saying that your parts used for the tone ring are "Not" suspect and therefore good for the life of the vehicle?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Riddle me this? If one had a OEM ECM with the W58 software fix flashed, could it be swapped out for driveability if a tone ring failed while a GDE tuned ECM was installed? I'm curious since it's supposedly a PCM fix would a GDE tuned ECM talk to it? Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Stbentoak,
It could be as simple as a bad batch from a supplier...I hope!
For us "early adopters" I suppose we will just have to keep on truckin' and see what happenso_O

Reactions: JGCED

·
Registered
12 Posts
update. Just got back from my dealer. Had W41 done, but could not get W58 done because FCA has not released the software update as of yet. If anyone has had W58 done, please give us a shout.

·
Registered
55 Posts

And what would the cost of the remaining loan be on the Jeep if I may ask. I maybe interested.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts