·
Registered
WK2 EcoDiesel 2016
148 Posts

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
109 Posts
They will have to flash the ECM in order to update it, so yet, it will wipe a tune. If you visit the dealer with a spare ECM installed, your tune will not have this feature.

You all bitch when FCA doesn't fix stuff, and you bitch when they do lol. Can't please some people. This is a good recall to not leave you stranded should the crank pos sensor fail. It's rare, don't lose sleep over this recall.
I don't mind recalls, it fixes thing that need fixing. I hate premature failures.
At 27k fuel system replaced due to high pressure fuel pump imploding.
Since 40K constant glow plug issues (my mechanic has since replace the wires to my glow plugs to a thicker gauge wire from the plug to the relay which may have fixed the issue).
Constant regent since AEM. Hopefully latest update fixes that...Fingers crossed
Thermostat went out at 83k.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Who is paying for my time and fuel... i am tired of having a vehicle with this many recalls and killing the value.... oil change... shifter.... multiple emissions and now I get regen msgs all the time and the tone ring? Man up and buy them back..... i hope my jeep catches on fire for an egr issues like the trucks....

·
Premium Member
2014 JGC OVRLND
649 Posts
I wonder who got the EcoDiesel I ordered. I was impatient and got the HEMI. If I would've waited another 3 weeks I would have had the Diesel. This is the JGC I ordered(link to Sticker): 1C4RJFCM1EC298649
My ordered EcoDiesel was part of the first group to ship, back in 2013. The JGC HEMI I got was one of the best cars I ever owned. I had three diesels prior to the JGC. Two VWs and a Ford Excursion.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cheroker Overland ATG ORAII
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
As I said in my earlier post, probably a part supplier QC issue.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As I said in my earlier post, probably a part supplier QC issue.
If it is a defective part issue, how does a software fix make it a permanent fix? Shouldn't it be to replace the tone ring with updated or non defective part?

·
Registered
194 Posts
And for the first time, we 'early adopters' aren't involved... (y)

Reactions: jprs14wk2 and 48548

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it is a defective part issue, how does a software fix make it a permanent fix? Shouldn't it be to replace the tone ring with updated or non defective part?
The reflash is just to prevent you from getting stranded, until FCA can replace the part with an upgrade

·
Registered
116 Posts
update. Just got back from my dealer. Had W41 done, but could not get W58 done because FCA has not released the software update as of yet. If anyone has had W58 done, please give us a shout.
This update won't be ready until 10/02/2020

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
20 Posts
So I'm curious.. My 2014 Jeep is still sitting at the dealer as I go back and forth with the FCA and now my insurance company for the "Contaminated Fuel" issue. So.. the "stalling and unable to start" are the same symptoms that my jeep is displaying. I think I will call the dealership tomorrow to talk to them about this to see if this may be the issue. I think it's worth a shot!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
What is the build date of your 2014? If it is June 2014 onward, you are included in the recall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Run you VIN at the Jeep owners website....it'll tell you for sure. Is yours a diesel?
Or use this site, in general. At the top of that page you'll see a VIN box - just paste your VIN into that, press enter.

For my 2015 wk2 ecodiesel it showed (after i had VA7 and W41 installed) that only W58 is outstanding.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Our 2014 GC was built in January 2014 and I got the letter. How does that jive with the June Build comments above??

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
smljeep/Eddie,
I also got the letter........

So, as realroland said, you can go to the Jeep Owners Website or go to NHTSA and plug in your VIN.

It will tell you if you are part of the recall......and I will bet you are not ;) :

Here you go :

Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

41 - 60 of 74 Posts