Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
smljeep/Eddie,
I also got the letter........

So, as realroland said, you can go to the Jeep Owners Website or go to NHTSA and plug in your VIN.

It will tell you if you are part of the recall......and I will bet you are not ;) :

Here you go :

Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment
‘Thanks!
I plugged the vin in and there are no open recalls...Saved me a 30 mile trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So my build date is 2-16. No letter and this recall is not listed in my mopar.com account. So am I not affected? Anyone else with similar situation? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my build date is 2-16. No letter and this recall is not listed in my mopar.com account. So am I not affected? Anyone else with similar situation? Thanks!
I am in the same boat, it maybe into October until we hear anything.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I am in the same boat, it maybe into October until we hear anything.
If you have GDE tunes , why would you want to update anything? Nothing in the AEM/CAM sensor update will do you any good and you will lose your tunes?

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cheroker Overland ATG ORAII
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
They just send it out to anyone and everyone wiith a 2014 - 2016 build date.....

You then call FCA to check if you are included or simply go to the Jeep or NHTSA website and plug in your VIN.

Simple as that......

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have GDE tunes , why would you want to update anything? Nothing in the AEM/CAM sensor update will do you any good and you will lose your tunes?
I agree, however if they are not going to fix the issue with crankshaft sensor, it would be nice to have a backup in case it fails. It would be great if we new some failure rate statistics per model year so we could may an informed decision to complete the update.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
If you don't get it done, you are simply rolling the diceo_O. Fortunately for us, our Feb 2014 build is not in the game ;) .

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I agree, however if they are not going to fix the issue with crankshaft sensor, it would be nice to have a backup in case it fails. It would be great if we new some failure rate statistics per model year so we could may an informed decision to complete the update.
IMHO what you lose with losing your tunes far outweighs the remote possibility of a sensor failure but only you can make that call. You will not like how it runs/regens vs the tunes you have now... Opens up another world of problems....

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you don't get it done, you are simply rolling the diceo_O. Fortunately for us, our Feb 2014 build is not in the game ;) .
The part number for your 2/14 is the same as all of the vehicles included in the recall, 68102345AA. Your tone ring is just as likely to fail as anyone else's. The recall applies to some 70k+ European/overseas Ecodiesel's as well.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The part number for your 2/14 is the same as all of the vehicles included in the recall, 68102345AA. Your tone ring is just as likely to fail as anyone else's. The recall applies to some 70k+ European/overseas Ecodiesel's as well.
It could be the same part # but not part of a subsequent defective batch that started at a certain point.... I'm not part of the recall too, and not really worried about it....

Reactions: philbytx

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
DY78,
As Stbentoak stated, that part number is the same for all ED engines from 2014-2020 and has not been superseded by another part number.
That would point to a defective batch in the stated 2014-2016 recall date range.

·
Registered
WK2 EcoDiesel 2016
148 Posts
I am confused, my car is part of the recall but I am hearing there is no update available until October. So I should not make an appointment with dealer until then?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
The assumption is that there will be an initial software update, available in October, then a subsequent hardware fix when they have the parts. If yours goes TU in the meantime, then they will need to tow you in and replace the tone ring.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts