Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was tinkering in settings today.. When I check off a setting like wipers on with lights -- the check mark appears then in 5 seconds disappears.

Further -- daytime running lamps is unchecked - yet - the leds are on.

Its like the entire menu is not operative...

Another u-connect software issue? I updated to the latest released last weekend.

Saw a thread talking to this - but - not really addressed...

Is this prevalent? Ideas?

Thanks

· Registered
1,337 Posts
I think if you really want to stop the problems quit playing with the system. I have made very few changes to my system, I put a check in a box to have the nav show directions in the center screen and I changed a setting for the heated seat and steering wheel not to come on automatically and that's about it and no real issues. I did also change the door unlock so it just unlocks the drivers door and this seemed to take care of issue I was having where the interior lights were slow to come on sometimes. I have not registered ucconnect because it seems that's where a lot of peoples problems start. I think what has happened in some cases is someone gets their new vehicle and they want to register it and play with this and that and check and then uncheck everything and the next thing you know the system is locked up. I knew this was new to the vehicle and I expected there would be issues that's why I have tread lightly with it and so far so good. I would expect updates to continue to correct the problems.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if you really want to stop the problems quit playing with the system. I have made very few changes to my system, I put a check in a box to have the nav show directions in the center screen and I changed a setting for the heated seat and steering wheel not to come on automatically and that's about it and no real issues. I did also change the door unlock so it just unlocks the drivers door and this seemed to take care of issue I was having where the interior lights were slow to come on sometimes. I have not registered ucconnect because it seems that's where a lot of peoples problems start. I think what has happened in some cases is someone gets their new vehicle and they want to register it and play with this and that and check and then uncheck everything and the next thing you know the system is locked up. I knew this was new to the vehicle and I expected there would be issues that's why I have tread lightly with it and so far so good. I would expect updates to continue to correct the problems.

Cant say I disagree - new vehicle - will have issues - however - only reason why I was in there was to get the key fobs paired with driver 1,2 - and ther eis an option there - and thats when I noticed that its not working. I can deal with it not working for reasons you say - just want to know if others are having the same problem (sounds like you may have some of it too) - and if anyone fixed. At the end of the day - after paying as much as we did for these vehicles - they will work and I will get satisfaction - just depends on how much time I wait to go after Jeep. The insight on this board has been tremendously helpful - knowing others have the same problem lets me live with the issue a bit longer and accept it will be fixed and to hang out with it...

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I don't think you will need to worry much about going after Jeep. The software updates are progressing fairly quickly.

As for the daytime running lights, for some regions it cannot be disabled. This may change in that screen with an update, just an FYI

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
and wills - thank you for testing!!! Appreciated!
19 appears to be in production only at this time. I don't know when they will release this one but there is still a few changes to go.

.15 is very stable. If there is problems with .15 they have been mainly with HVAC control which appears to be a module update not a UConnect update.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
19 appears to be in production only at this time. I don't know when they will release this one but there is still a few changes to go.

.15 is very stable. If there is problems with .15 they have been mainly with HVAC control which appears to be a module update not a UConnect update.
I have the latest .15 on my Summit since everyone said it was so much better and today I noticed that the radio sounded awful. I checked the equalizer settings and they all were set to the middle positions. I normally keep the treble near the top, the midrange near the top and the bass plus 2-3. I also noticed that a lot of the other Uconnect settings changed. And the voice recognition is terrible.

I know for a fact everything worked better in my WK2 with the original 13.05.03 that came with my 3/13 built Summit. I wish I could go back. Now as others are getting the dash lighting up like a christmas tree, I'm sure it will happen to my Summit soon.

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I have the latest .15 on my Summit since everyone said it was so much better and today I noticed that the radio sounded awful. I checked the equalizer settings and they all were set to the middle positions. I normally keep the treble near the top, the midrange near the top and the bass plus 2-3. I also noticed that a lot of the other Uconnect settings changed. And the voice recognition is terrible.

I know for a fact everything worked better in my WK2 with the original 13.05.03 that came with my 3/13 built Summit. I wish I could go back. Now as others are getting the dash lighting up like a christmas tree, I'm sure it will happen to my Summit soon.
That isn't the problem..... mess with you volume control.... like tap on the knob lightly and spin it around when the radio is off. There is a couple of issues with the contactor on the volume knob.

Trust me it is not the 13.15.4, I have done some serious messing with that software.

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts

FWIW my Jeep had all the dash lighting up (twice) while I still had 13.05.03 installed. So, I doubt the update is causing that problem. My Overland was delivered in March.

---

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I should point out that the UConnect system connects to other modules in the vehicle. It cannot be solely responsible for other system failures. There are bound to be done problems. The fact is the UConnect is being improved and fixed faster than some of the other systems and is on occasion flushing out other unrelated issues. Just an opinion.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So today - under the topic - another day another summit problem :) - I get in the car - and the nag isn't responsive - could not enter a POI - address - nothing. So I start to drive. In about 10 minutes - it came alive. Guess what - after that - the issue I had with the settings going away when checked was FIXED! I can now check settings and it no longer disappears. Nav worked - settings now stick.. SO -- question -- it would seem to me that U-Connect may have pushed some type of 'fix' if you will or update..? Is that possible? I checked the software rev and that didn't change at all - just wondering why the nav hung and then things 'worked'.... Possible it did an update of some sort?

· Registered
1,978 Posts
That isn't the problem..... mess with you volume control.... like tap on the knob lightly and spin it around when the radio is off. There is a couple of issues with the contactor on the volume knob.

Trust me it is not the 13.15.4, I have done some serious messing with that software.
OK, I don't think I messed with the volume knob when the radio was off, but I guess its possible I touched it. So hopefully that was a fluke thing.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the vehicle.

Do you happen to know if the Uconnect can update itself without being hooked up to a dealer scanner or by USB? Just wondering if it can be done through the vehicles roof antenna without the owner being aware of it?

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
OK, I don't think I messed with the volume knob when the radio was off, but I guess its possible I touched it. So hopefully that was a fluke thing.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the vehicle.

Do you happen to know if the Uconnect can update itself without being hooked up to a dealer scanner or by USB? Just wondering if it can be done through the vehicles roof antenna without the owner being aware of it?
Apps can update themselves. Activated radios have done some unusual things because the apps were downloading and or reconfiguring. Often this was worse for a couple of days after the update but then went away.

UConnect does not update at this time, I suppose in theory it is possible it could run Patches because the different parts of it's control are packaged in 12 different modules. The entire unit is a 500+ Meg update though so a little large for wireless data.

Your audio issues though I knew of becuase there is another user who had the exact same distortion you speak of and it was something in the control knob specifically. We started talking about it because he claimed other things sounded better than the HK in the Summit. Once he played around with the know a little it cleared right up and he was very impressed.

Of course if there is a periodic flakiness with the knob it should be replaced. I would be interested to hear back if this is your case?

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Will, with your knowledge on these boards, dumb question for you... D you work for jeep? Work at the factory?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
No and no, I am an independent consultant but I work for a lot of dealers. Mainly North American but Mercedes and some Kia etc too.

When it comes to this stuff it helps the dealers I work with too. As I have been working with dealers so long I have some corporate contacts at the Manufacturer as well as some access to data.

So you can see why they openly let me use vehicles because it saves each dealer a lot of grief on the customer service side.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Apps can update themselves. Activated radios have done some unusual things because the apps were downloading and or reconfiguring. Often this was worse for a couple of days after the update but then went away.

UConnect does not update at this time, I suppose in theory it is possible it could run Patches because the different parts of it's control are packaged in 12 different modules. The entire unit is a 500+ Meg update though so a little large for wireless data.

Your audio issues though I knew of becuase there is another user who had the exact same distortion you speak of and it was something in the control knob specifically. We started talking about it because he claimed other things sounded better than the HK in the Summit. Once he played around with the know a little it cleared right up and he was very impressed.

Of course if there is a periodic flakiness with the knob it should be replaced. I would be interested to hear back if this is your case?
Thanks. Today everything worked fine. Well except I still believe the VR worked better with the old S/W version.

By any chance have you heard of a cure for the keyfob not opening the liftgate with the normal 2 clicks? Mine along with others now requires 4 clicks to get the liftgate open. When I use the 2 clicks first, I can hear what sounds like a module or something waking up, yet the liftgate doesn't open until 2 more clicks are applied.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.