Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot fawking wait to get started on a Jeep! You guys are killing me with your rides and the mods! You just wait fawkers!
You just wait!
I got plans, oh yes indeedy I do!
I've got 1 more year to squirrel away as much dough as I can earn, beg, borrow, or steal.

·
Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,440 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Commander!
I'd love to do a Commander, but most of them are out of my price range. I don't think I'd be happy with anything less than a HEMI Limited, and those are still a little pricey.

You see, I REFUSE to ever finance a car again. EVER. So I gotta go with what I can get with cash. That's why I'm trying to work my balls off over here to put as much dough away as I can. That and I'm bringing the wife-n-kid home with me next year.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'd love to do a Commander, but most of them are out of my price range. I don't think I'd be happy with anything less than a HEMI Limited, and those are still a little pricey.

You see, I REFUSE to ever finance a car again. EVER. So I gotta go with what I can get with cash. That's why I'm trying to work my balls off over here to put as much dough away as I can. That and I'm bringing the wife-n-kid home with me next year.
I dont blame ya Ron. Coming up with cash for a rig is quite a feat in itself. Here's one by me that looks great but yeah they are definitely not cheap, thats for sure. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=ascending&sortfield=MMT+ascending%2cPRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_23_|D-_3970_|N-N|R-30|I-1%2c7|P-MMT+ascending%2cPRICE+descending|Q-ascending|Z-60137&aff=national&paId=309966588&recnum=39&leadExists=true:(

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont blame ya Ron. Coming up with cash for a rig is quite a feat in itself. Here's one by me that looks great but yeah they are definitely not cheap, thats for sure. :(
That's about what I'd expect for a HEMI Limited Commander. $18k.
Wanna hear something funny? As far as my research is concerned, the best bang for my buck, the best balls-out-yet-cost-effective build I have postulated yet is a "Junkyard Revival" 1995-2001 XJ with a swapped in LS/LT1(Basically a Vette motor) and 700R4 trans. They make drop-in swap kits, I can source the powertrain from 1 cousin($2K max) and the body($200 max) from another. But that is really only possible if I end up back in MI for a while. Although I did make one good custom/fab contact in TN before I came to Korea.

Did you see my post about the salvage title/rebuildable Commander I found in Florida? I am still interested in that too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
got my hemi limited for 15,500.. think about it!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got my hemi limited for 15,500.. think about it!
I could build 2 of my dream Jeeps for that. Y'all must not believe me when I say I have friends and cousins that'll help me build this just to see it done! I really only have to pay for parts, and I get hella discounts on those!

I guess I'll just have to hurry home and get started.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts