Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I can trust a CAI from Mopar on this engine over AFE or something else. Does anyone have this model? How do you like or dislike it?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
AFe has been around for many years building quality items. I'm running their CAI on my 3.6 and would never look back. It's a great quality piece. Mopar is usually overpriced for what you get. I also never run an oiled filter, always dry. The difference in performance isn't worth the hassle to wash and oil the filter.

0Afe Badge.jpg
0AFe Intake Box.jpg
0AFE Intake.jpg

Registered
Limited
I have it on mine and I like it. Quick and easy install too. Have it about 2 years and no problems at all.

Registered
Does the afe or Mopar negatively effect the amount of water you can cross? I know some CAI suck up air lower than stock units and I dont want to take away from the GC water fording capability just for the sound of the intake.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Went with the AFE GT Intake and it uses the same intake location (over driver headlight) as stock.

Registered
Went with Volant with the Donaldson Power Core filter with the nano-fiber membrane, have them on all my cars, for the better filtering. I somehow doubt any CAI is going to do much for HP/TQ since the factory ones are pretty good. Of course they sound better at WOT LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts