Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Just a quick PS.....

We all know CJD have recently relocated their Melb plant to a much larger facility. The fact is many of our parts were previously shipped either from US or Singapore. Singapore has now been shut down and Melbourne is now parts central for the Australasian region.

Coupled with this (and clearly very bad timing) CJD Aust appear to have implemented a new software program, therefore the relocation and software change have massively contributed to delays we have all encountered with parts supply and after sales services.

Myself being in the international logistics industry, I can certainly sympathise with the relocation aspect. Though the software timing was self inflicted.

This also clearly does not excuse the poor service received from the actual dealerships through poor staff product knowledge and massive staff turnover and a Jeep national help line that does not help.

Well written. Were the initials of the rep you spoke to BG? I'm in NSW and have been dealing with him, however haven't really got anywhere. Mainly because im after a refund or a new jgc, mines an out right heap of crap lemon, but I have a few mates that haven't had any issues bar the 4wd service light ( a massive issue in its own right).

I also sent an email straight to Clive Campbell yesterday. He doesn't respond, but I know it gets through, as I send a sniper with. The email to confirm delivery. Anyway I gave him the link to the export forum also.

We all love the cars when they work, I just wish Chrysler would make sure they do work, and that parts are readily available, even my service department guys are winging about parts to me, the customer....like I can do anything about it.

By the way Clyde, if you do read this, it is rude not to acknowledge a genuine customer complaint that is directed to you personally. People on this forum can help you sell more cars if they are looked after, and they can certainly stop sales if they are not!

I for one have $75k burning a hole in my pocket
One of the guys at work had a contract on his desk to sign for a GC, the dealer was stuffing him around. In the end he got cold feet after all of the drama I have had - he got a Mazda instead. So that is at least one sale gone.

I also sent an email straight to Clive Campbell yesterday
I wrote formally to Campbell in January by snail mail - call me old fashioned but I didn't get any reply. Chrysler only responded in a positive way after they got a call from Dept Fair Trading...

I think it might explain a lot knowing that Campbell is a lawyer - not a car guy. You could well imagine his attitude is "oh, a cutomer has a problem with a car - how can I stop litigation" rather than "oh, a cutomer has a problem with a car - how can I solve this issue quickly and give them a great experience?"

Clueless.

Aussie WK2 - I'm pleased to see that you have had a positive discussion with the Qld RM. I'm just not sure where this will go.

Back in January I was in contact with the NSW RM. While he heard me out and was nice enough on the phone, at the end of the day he didn't do anything and basically just referred me back to Melbourne. He stopped returning my calls and I gave up with him.

I doubt there will be some overnight bolt of lightning when Chrysler Aus finally get the message - but we all need to keep pluggung away.

Well another item to add to petition is Clyde not returning customer emails :D. Surely he must be returning emails received from US head office? Well how can I put it, Jeep Australia is a dog with rabies, there is no treatment, its terminal. I don’t think dog grooming by regional managers going to fix any issues.
Last time I rang jeep Australia this is how it went

Jeepaus: ah what your VIN?

Me:I look up my build sheet and tell the VIN

Jeepaus: ah your dealer is XXX jeep, their phone number is XXX, you can call them to sort out the issue.

Me: I was like wtf, why do I need to ring you to find my dealers phone number. you were the dealer imported the car from jeep US, that’s what my build sheets says “jeep Australia dealer”.

Jeepaus: There was no answer , the CJD repeated the same.” ah your dealer is XXX jeep, there number is XXX, you can call them to sort out the issue.”

Me: I hang up stopped wasting my time.

My local dealer has been fantastic; I get a free fuel top up when I rock up to the dealership :D. There is absolute no reason to hassle my dealer considering they are not able to provide solution when they are taken in circles by jeep Australia. My dealer had to wait 3 months to get an order number form jeep Australia. In my opinion is petition must go ahead listing issues with “jeep Australia” as the dealer regardless of what individual owners are told by jeep Australia.

I have kind of sat back on this thread, mainly to see if it was going somewhere.
I have to agree with the last few posters, that I very much doubt if Jeep Aust will change its attitude, or its service policy. The discussions with Regional Managers appears to be another smokescreen.
To summarise,
· I do not feel the dealers are at fault. They appear to be as frustrated with Jeep Aust as we are.
· I do however think that the service mechanics are not receiving adequate training, and are being expected to learn as they go, which unfortunately means our cars are their test toys. Try and find a dedicated Jeep dealer. They all tend to be multi manufacturer dealers, who know very little of the product they sell. Many a time have I gone to a dealership to find information, and I have ended up educating them.
· Pricing is well and truly a rip-off, which I put down to Jeep Australia.
· Main issues are not being resolved. Main ones tend to be the Sand issue, where 4WD is disengaged, therefore leaving the car in a potential bogged situation.
· Navigation software being faulty, which appears to happen mostly outside of capital cities.
· The policy where dealers purchase map software on an annual basis only, rather than receive the latest qtrly updates. This means your new map could be a year old and 3 versions out of date.
· Parts not being available. Whether this was due to the changing of a warehouse, faulty in-house software, or just penny-pinching by not holding adequate stock onshore is a mystery. I tend to think it is the latter. When a part is not available, it would appear it is then ordered from the US and then shipped by sea rather than by plane.
· Jeep Aust not willing to accept any responsibility and always pass the buck to the dealerships. Dealers then point back to Jeep Aust. A never ending circle of incompetence
Examples:
Lack of communication when endeavouring to obtain an Order number.
Claiming the Navigation issues have absolutely nothing to do with them
failing to acknowledge that there is a problem with the 4WD disengagement.

Discussion starter · #109 ·
Folks,

Point taken that we're all angry / frustrated but an email was only sent to the Qld RM last night just before a copy was posted here.

Yes we've all waited far too long for decent customer service and yes there is a huge chasm within Jeep between a signed contract, taking delivery and after sales service but please, I think a little time is called for here.

Might I suggest that we at least give him a little time to read, digest and then perhaps action the content with his counterparts or with people higher up the chain.

Discussion starter · #110 ·
Well written. Were the initials of the rep you spoke to BG? I'm in NSW and have been dealing with him, however haven't really got anywhere. Mainly because im after a refund or a new jgc, mines an out right heap of crap lemon, but I have a few mates that haven't had any issues bar the 4wd service light ( a massive issue in its own right).

I also sent an email straight to Clive Campbell yesterday. He doesn't respond, but I know it gets through, as I send a sniper with. The email to confirm delivery. Anyway I gave him the link to the export forum also.

We all love the cars when they work, I just wish Chrysler would make sure they do work, and that parts are readily available, even my service department guys are winging about parts to me, the customer....like I can do anything about it.

By the way Clyde, if you do read this, it is rude not to acknowledge a genuine customer complaint that is directed to you personally. People on this forum can help you sell more cars if they are looked after, and they can certainly stop sales if they are not!
Hi Gribbs, no your guy's territory appears to be NSW, the gent I spoke with covers Qld, NT and I think another area but not sure which, either way, he has lots of ground to cover and travels a lot.

Folks,

Point taken that we're all angry / frustrated but an email was only sent to the Qld RM last night just before a copy was posted here.

Yes we've all waited far too long for decent customer service and yes there is a huge chasm within Jeep between a signed contract, taking delivery and after sales service but please, I think a little time is called for here.

Might I suggest that we at least give him a little time to read, digest and then perhaps action the content with his counterparts or with people higher up the chain.
Thanks for this I agree. I imagine the majority of Jeep owners are happy with product and service (as am I). I understand people have issues and concerns and want to be heard. AussieWK2 being the OP has taken the lead here. Let's give him the time to try and get some positive feedback. My previous experience with the Qld rm has been positive.

.......Maybe the petitions died due to problems eventually getting sorted for individuals?? It's likely to be my first and last...that I am sure about.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.