Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts
I have now done 87000 klms in my WK2 I love the car and have a great service Manager who works hard to keep me smiling, I think people need to have an understanding attitude cars by their nature can have issues(my previous Prado had issues) its how the issues are dealt with and how the dealers are backed up that is really the issue here.
Like I said my service manager is worth his weight in gold but he does struggle at times with "lack of parts" and stupid GOUGING prices- check any part price online from USA and treble it goes close to being the Aussie price.
I have not yet needed brake pads but asked a price and told $270 for both front and rear pads(US rears are RRP $87 Front RRP$143) surely freight is not SO expensive on such a compact part with little chance of damage in transit.
While ever we keep paying, they will keep gouging. The answer is, buy from the States. That's what I do whenever I can.

Ok, in Australia we've all suffered one way or another at the hands of poor, very poor service from CJD Australia or at the hands of the service depts of some dealerships.

Granted, on reading some historical posts, some issues have been quite minor but others, particularly when we get the dealership stonewalling and when CJD Australia either don't act or don't care.

If we were to seriously "collectively" petition the US office we would have to do this respectfully with the only message being is we want no more than after sales service than any other manufacturer on the Australian market.

Perhaps the petition could read something along these lines.......

As Grand Cherokee owners we have grave concerns that CJD Australia cannot control after sales service to protect our investment in the Jeep brand.

As Grand Cherokee owners we have grave concerns that CJD Australia cannot control service quality its franchise dealerships are offering us to protect our investment in the Jeep brand.

As Grand Cherokee owners we have grave concerns that as more Grand Cherokees hit the market as we can clearly see is the case, CJD Australia will not keep up with demand particular in the area of professional services for existing customers.

As Grand Cherokee owners we have grave concerns that car service and parts prices are marked up and are disproportionate. In addition, CJD Australia's parts inventory is so low that some of our cars are undergoing Jeep scheduled services at the dealerships with some dealerships knowingly not carrying the appropriate parts.

.........you get the gist.

Good idea / bad idea?
I would be in that. I would also make them aware of the difference between Aust and NZ servicing cycles. Correct me if I am misinformed, but I read somewhere that in NZ the GC is serviced at 12 months/20000km.

Barry41

I would be in that. I would also make them aware of the difference between Aust and NZ servicing cycles. Correct me if I am misinformed, but I read somewhere that in NZ the GC is serviced at 12 months/20000km.

Barry41
100% correct, it is the same for the CRD in the US too, and I believe the US.

Can't understand why we are half that, our temps get no hotter than the US, and sure as hell no where near as cold as US, Europe or NZ.

Is our fuel junk compared to these places, I didn't think it was since they had the big sulphur clean up.

I had a look at the NZ service books - looks the same as the Aus book to me ie 10,000 k's for servicing.

Reactions: BobT
NZ owners are saying it is now 20,000, was 10,000.

here is one of the many references I found for this.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/revised-service-interval-for-aus-and-nz-44323.html
On one of my recent friendly chats with Jeep Aust i brought this subject up and they said that they were very aware of this.
Some one like myself who only uses the Jeep as a second car and may only do 3000 ks in 6 months if i'm not towing my van find the 6 month service interval a great inconvenience and expensive procedure.
My neighbour who does high kilometres spent over $4000 in servicing in 12 months of ownership.

Elvin

I had my car serviced on Tuesday and discussed with the manager the chances of going to fixed price. He also said this was under review by jeep aus. The dealership is multi brand - Suzuki, Mitsubishi etc etc and the only brand they have without fixed price servicing is Jeep. Agh!

It's stupid. NZ, US & Europe are all 20,000 isn't it??
Normally I would check but on mobile.
I sent a question to "Ask Smithy" about this very point the other day, no answer yet if there will ever be one.

Southport Jeep told me last service the schedule is under heavy review, more emphasis on "check"rather than "replace".
I love that description. I wonder exactly what the term HEAVY applies to.
My guess it refers to the legal dept trying to put jargon to it, or the accounting dept who need to ensure there is lots of aftersales money coming into the dealers coffers, as afterall, they did promise them a great continual stream of servicing money when they signed up. If they now turn around and tell the dealers that "Oops. the public are not as dumb as we thought, and we can no longer rip them off with this double up on servicing charges, we have to reduce your profits".
That describes the word HEAVY. If you consider Jeep Australia's interpretation of the word REVIEW, it more than likely means give it to a work experience primary school student (like those who daily answer the Jeep Customer Service phones) and ask them to doodle pictures of smiley faces on it, then use it to wipe the desk with.
Surely I do not sound cynical?

........ it more than likely means give it to a work experience primary school student (like those who daily answer the Jeep Customer Service phones) and ask them to doodle pictures of smiley faces on it, then use it to wipe the desk with.
Surely I do not sound cynical?
:lol::lol::lol: PRICELESS!!!!

Bit of an old thread...

I've taken some interest in Consumer Law since I've had my Jeeps and I have noticed that the Final Report of the Australian Consumer Law review has been issued.

I've found that many people do not understand their rights as a consumer, so any moves by government to clarify and streamline ACL is a good thing.

Some reading if you are interested.

https://cdn.tspace.gov.au/uploads/sites/86/2017/04/ACL_Review_Final_Report.pdf

I was up in Newcastle last weekend and the freeway past the uni isn't in the maps in my MY15, I'm sure the freeway has been there for yonks.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

Reactions: BobT
141 - 157 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.