Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just looking at my options available to owners here but wondered if anyone has joined into a class action from some of the law firms and with who. You can PM me if you want as may not want to make this public. With little info from EPA on this deal and it's been going on for over a year I'm not sure much will happen from a gov't angle. i'm worried my resale value will be repressed when I go to sell later on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why do you want to sue them?

Reactions: chadg2

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If our performance (mpg / power) will be reduced due to a FCA retune that is compliant with EPA that will stop our systems from running in defeat mode constantly - then it can affect our resale value. Plus the PR about this may have turned away used buyers for the ecodiesel engine, depressing resale value.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Their already not worth crap anyways... Take reasonable care of it, Drive the wheels off of it and move on when its over....

Not worth my time...

Reactions: chadg2 and Cerebus

·
Registered
2006 &2018 gc
64 Posts
Unless it is already an antique or a car unique enough to become an antique just use it for what it is - a convenience - until it dies. Then bury it and move on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check Bloomberg on March 16th for the details. If a buyback scenario like VW is the result, it could be a win. I have two friends that did well on their TDI Passats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Latest update from one Law Suit ;

"Good morning,

On Thursday March 15, 2018, the Court granted in part and denied in part FCA's and Bosch’s two motions to dismiss the lawsuit. This decision upholds the Plaintiffs' claims under state consumer laws as well as RICO fraud claims under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
We are incredibly pleased that the court has allowed this suit to continue. We look forward to continuing this case into discovery to uncover the full scope of FCA's and Bosch’s dealings.

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessica Thompson
Attorney
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
hbsslaw.com
portal.hbsslaw.com"

·
Registered
684 Posts
A quick google search didn't pull up any details. Anyoen have an address where we can get more info and/or join the class action?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Heck, the shifter issue killed people and the value of my vehicle... now the engine bearing issue as well... my duramax held its value, this vehicle just keeps losing it.

·
Registered
17 Sub OB/17 Ridge
1,110 Posts
Which "court"? One in litigation happy California? I have yet to see published results by anyone just a bunch of comments that the engine exceeded the parameters allowed then the actual EPA paragraphs which states that the NO parameters may be exceeded under certain circumstances.
I am sure once in court that the data will come out in detail but at the moment this is hearsay as I think that those bring suit against FCA don't want to play their cards out.

Regardless to me this is genuine waste of time. My BMW 335 was flawed with failed high pressure fuel pumps, ABS pump failure, etc and all BMW did was extend warranty. Those that sued BMW from what I have read didn't fare well.

New engine and transmission integration with poorly installed emissions is the reason I went with Max Care.

Glad I did since my service plan has paid 175% of what my service plan cost and I am at 63K miles and 4 years a long way away from 120K miles and 10 years...

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,819 Posts
Heck, the shifter issue killed people and the value of my vehicle... now the engine bearing issue as well... my duramax held its value, this vehicle just keeps losing it.
I miss that shifter!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
https://www.hbsslaw.com/cases/jeep-grand-cherokee-ecodiesel are one of the leading law firms that have been selected by the courts. Be careful, some other firms are wanting 33%, which is high for class action. The courts will decide legal fees, so anyone who wants 33% without knowing what the courts will decide, are not in it for your best interest.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They're lawyers ...none of them are in it for our best interest. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just joined the lawsuit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A quick google search didn't pull up any details. Anyoen have an address where we can get more info and/or join the class action?
The law firm Hagens Berman is the one to contact. I did. No cost and you won't receive anything more, or less, if a settlement happens.

Here is the link to the Court and the .pdf files on hearings/litigation:

https://cand.uscourts.gov/emc/chryslermdl

Note the last few files. Apparently Fiat is testing the 2017 EPA-approved flash software in the 2014-2016 models. Preliminary results are that it works, but fuel economy is less and noise/vibration increases. Bummer. They should know in May according to the last Court hearing.

Ken Feinstein (remember him from settling and distributing the 9/11 trust fund claims?) is the lawyer appointed by the Court who is seeking a negotiated settlement for owners of the 3.0L diesel. My guess is he will negotiate a return of the $4,500 premium we paid for the "clean" diesel.

There were about 104,000 JGC and Rams with this diesel those 2 model years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Which "court"? One in litigation happy California? I have yet to see published results by anyone just a bunch of comments that the engine exceeded the parameters allowed then the actual EPA paragraphs which states that the NO parameters may be exceeded under certain circumstances.
I am sure once in court that the data will come out in detail but at the moment this is hearsay as I think that those bring suit against FCA don't want to play their cards out.

Regardless to me this is genuine waste of time. My BMW 335 was flawed with failed high pressure fuel pumps, ABS pump failure, etc and all BMW did was extend warranty. Those that sued BMW from what I have read didn't fare well.

New engine and transmission integration with poorly installed emissions is the reason I went with Max Care.

Glad I did since my service plan has paid 175% of what my service plan cost and I am at 63K miles and 4 years a long way away from 120K miles and 10 years...
https://cand.uscourts.gov/emc/chryslermdl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts