Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Don't know exactly but it could be glued or snap fitted onto that bumper step pad assembly.
In other words it could be one part.
Does it look like its bonded onto the step pad assembly?
Be careful trying to remove it.
Maybe someone else here has been there done that.

Why do you want to remove it?
Maybe there's a work around?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was hoping to swap it out With a black piece. It looks to be a snap on but I was hoping some one else did it before I tried

·
Registered
32 Posts
Step pad snaps into the surround, surround snaps into the bumper cover.
This. Just did it this morning. I prayed the pad up. The part closest to the vehicle stays snapped in. Pull the trim away from the vehicle. Push your new one under the pad. Snap it all back together. Took maybe 5 min. The plastic is pretty pliable.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
24 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel

I deleted all the chrome on my 2018 WK2 but couldn’t find anything for the bumper trim. I ended up sanding it down and spray painting it with Krylon Fusion satin black. Just make sure it’s super clean and wait about 30mins between thin coats. I used 3 coats and it came out perfect. I did the same on the front bumper chrome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 242584
View attachment 242585
I deleted all the chrome on my 2018 WK2 but couldn’t find anything for the bumper trim. I ended up sanding it down and spray painting it with Krylon Fusion satin black. Just make sure it’s super clean and wait about 30mins between thin coats. I used 3 coats and it came out perfect. I did the same on the front bumper chrome.
That looks really good. Came out nicely

·
Registered
2018 Limited
373 Posts
View attachment 242584
View attachment 242585
I was looking for that actual piece of trim too. I can find the fog light surrounds but not the front fascia piece. I assume you have to take the bumper off to remove it for sanding/painting? Did you paint the rings or replace them with black? I believe that involves bumper disassembly too, correct?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
24 Posts
I used black fog light trim rings. Inexpensive and look great. On The lower bumper chrome trim I just sanded it, cleaned really well, taped off and masked the bumper and painted the trim using Krylon Fusion satin black spray paint. I can be done without disassembling the bumper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts