Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
260 Posts
other than being flush.. is there a difference in the specs of the screen between the 2020 and the 2018? (e.g., is the 2020 higher res than the 2018? does it have different functionalities over the 2018?)

· Premium Member
260 Posts
do you know what the resolution is on the 2020 screen? If it's a significant difference I may upgrade, but not if it's marginal... 2018 camera already has a decent resolution. front camera does nothing for me, already running blackvue's .

· Premium Member
260 Posts
dont know exact specs, but much better pic in my opinion. UAV seems to be more responsive/quicker than the UAQ was. front camera is nice when parking
Thanks.. I need specs before I do something like this -- without better resolution, it's a waste of time. And even if the resolution is better, unless it's much better, it's likely not worth the money .. my understanding was that there was a huge jump in resolution from '17 to '18, but the resolution on the '18-'20 is actually the same. I've driven many 2020's, and haven't really noticed a difference, but tbh, hadn't really been looking.

· Registered
6 Posts
Got the 2018 updated to 2019. Also added front cam
Is that the infotainment upgrade, or is it OEM Mopar? Which front camera did you go with? I'm about to pick up a 2018 Trackhawk, trading in my 2019 trailhawk, so I really do want the UAV Uconnect System. The viewing angle and it not recessed is great. I miss having the front camera for parking here in LA, makes parallel parking so much easier.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
Is that the infotainment upgrade, or is it OEM Mopar? Which front camera did you go with? I'm about to pick up a 2018 Trackhawk, trading in my 2019 traighawk, so I really do want the UAV Uconnect System. The viewing angle and it not recessed is great. I miss having the front camera for parking here in LA, makes parallel parking so much easier.
he's talking about the infotainment.
if you really want the '19 HU, your best bet is to just buy a '19 instead of an '18. I've driven '20 trackhacks, and tbh, unless I was looking for it, I woudln't have noticed that the nav is different.. responsiveness is exactly the same, screen resolution is the same, programs are the same (they even have the same dammed rev number in the software setup).
I don't know about the front camera, but if that's the only reason you're going to get one.. meh... $2,700 is a ton to pay.. maybe just practice parallel parking a bit more?

· Registered
6 Posts
he's talking about the infotainment.
if you really want the '19 HU, your best bet is to just buy a '19 instead of an '18. I've driven '20 trackhacks, and tbh, unless I was looking for it, I woudln't have noticed that the nav is different.. responsiveness is exactly the same, screen resolution is the same, programs are the same (they even have the same dammed rev number in the software setup).
I don't know about the front camera, but if that's the only reason you're going to get one.. meh... $2,700 is a ton to pay.. maybe just practice parallel parking a bit more?
Like I said, I like the viewing angle better for the screen. I know its the same, but it helps a little. It's not a deal breaker, but going with a 2019 for $10K more or 2020 for $20K more, I can make the 2018 work better. As for Parallel parking, I don't have an issue with it, but the front camera, espeically in LA, helps a lot. Not for figuring out if I'm too close to another car, but it making sure that I'm within the designated spots. LA is ruthless regarding you being 1" over the parking line on the street, or into the red markings on the curb. The front camera (or surround like Porsche/Audi have standard now) reduces that need to get back in your car and back up or pull forward 2" so as to not get a $65 ticket because your bumper is hanging over the line.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
well, if it's worth it then.. go for it.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
you have link to the kit? what's total cost?

· Registered
27 Posts
you have link to the kit? what's total cost?

· Premium Member
260 Posts
Thanks, I've already checked out that link,I sent you a text... I'm curious technically what the difference is between the '18 nav in the trackhawk vs. what you're selling. From what I can tell, it's flush, but has exactly the same resolution and software rev, with a marginally faster refresh on the CPU.

not trying to down on your product , just trying to figure out if it's worth the $$ for me to do this.. if I had anything other than the top end head unit from '18, I'd do this in a heartbeat... it seems to me one of those things that five from now, it'll be completely gone, and anyone that held onto a GC with a lower end hu will be kicking themselves for not doing

· Registered
27 Posts
Not my product, I don't work for them.

I have two 2015 FCA vehicles, so I don't even have the UAQ radio.

I looked at this smooth surface unit and personally don't think it's worth the money to upgrade to. As far as I know, underneath, it's the same processor/resolution as the UAQ.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
if you have anything other than the top of the line head unit , I can totally see this as worth it, just still not quite sure what the differneces are between top line '18 from this.

· Registered
33 Posts
while I cannot tell you the exact resolution, I can assure you the UAV is brighter and crisper than the UAQ as well as having slightly better processor and memory. if you chose to, you could also upgrade to the newer camera which also has a better picture. while our kit is not cheap, it is absolutely no where near the one referenced above. we also give ours a 3 year/36k mile warranty.

· Premium Member
260 Posts
oh, I didn't realize we were discussing two different kits.. I sent you a pm, can you send me details?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts